Montessori Preschool at Mercury Mine
The Montessori Preschool program at Mercury Mine is designed for three and four-year-olds and is based on the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. The class at Mercury Mine is taught by an experienced Montessori-certified teacher. Mercury Mine was chosen because of its unique school setting, surrounded by desert foothills, a beautiful desert botanical garden and multiple outdoor learning spaces.
“Parents want options that will support the needs of their children's learning styles. At PVSchools, we are answering these needs with choices that will align with the goals of our parents and community,” said Michael Linn, director of Community Education.
Parents choose a Montessori program for many reasons, including:
- In Montessori classrooms, children learn in a specially created environment designed to enhance and develop natural curiosity, creativity and intelligence.
- Montessori teachers closely observe students to determine their interests, strengths and weaknesses, and then create small group learning based on this unique understanding.
- Trained Montessori teachers guide children through rigorous and innovative academic programs using logic and discovery that moves from concrete to abstract.
- Montessori classrooms are places where children constantly share their thoughts and learning, inspiring younger students and learning from older students, which develops independence, self-confidence and a love of learning.
- The Montessori environment is one in which children learn by doing in a place where movement and spontaneous investigation are encouraged.
The program is tuition-based and is open to children across the Valley.
To schedule a tour of the Montessori classroom, please contact the Community Education department at 602-449-2210.
Before and after school Mascot Club is available for an additional fee.