Instruction at Palomino Primary
Palomino Primary sets high standards for our students' academic achievement. We close the achievement gap and challenge and equip our students for continued success. We nurture lifelong learning.
Curriculum and InstructionAlways with an eye on state and national standards, Palomino Primary uses the following adopted curriculum materials in the classroom. Excellent materials and resources in their own right, they are carefully supplemented with hands-on cooperative learning projects and activities based in a constructivist approach to data-driven instruction.
- Reading: Hartcourt School Publisher's Storytown Program and Materials
- Math: McGraw Hill's Connect Math
- Science: Delta Education's FOSS (Full Option Science System) Program and Materials
Our School is equipped with
- Music: Quaver's Marvelous World of Music
- Technology (used daily in integration and support of the instructional goals of the classroom)
- 3 computer labs (32 desktop computers)
- 3 iPad carts (32 iPads each)
- 2 laptop carts (24 laptops each)
- 8 Chromebooks per regular classroom 2nd - 6th Grade
- 6 iPads per regular classroom Kindergarten and First Grade
- 1 laptop and iPad per K-6 teacher