School Hours: 8:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Early Release: 8:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
About Wildfire Elementary School (WFES)
We are a group of educators who care for any and all students who come through our doors. We currently educate nearly 700 students in Kindergarten-6th Grade and house two Community Education preschool classes.
WFES has an implementation of 1-to-1 student technology. Every 1st-6th-grade student is supplied with either an iPad or Chromebook to enhance learning, engagement, and creativity opportunities throughout the day. Teachers at Wildfire Elementary continually implement the latest online educational resources to help enhance student understanding and provide them with enriched learning opportunities.
At Wildfire Elementary School, we work collaboratively to engage students in individualized, rigorous, and authentic learning experiences. We do this by utilizing a variety of print, digital, and off-site resources to provide students with opportunities to increase their understanding and academic abilities. Our teachers and staff strive to develop lasting relationships that support and foster social, emotional, and academic needs to ensure individual student success. We believe that WFES is a place that all students, regardless of background and prior learning, will thrive and become better students and people.
The mission of Wildfire Elementary School is to lead students to high achievement and individual excellence in a collaborative learning environment.
Where Do Students Go After Graduating from Wildfire Elementary?
Wildfire Elementary feeds into Explorer Middle School and Pinnacle High School.
How to Enroll at WFES for the 2020-2021 School Year
If you or anyone you know needs to enroll a student for the 2020-2021 school year, please know we are still accepting enrollments.
If Wildfire Elementary School is your home school, download the PVSchools Student Registration Form, and email the completed forms and other required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enrollment packets can also be picked up and turned into the front office.
Required Documents for Enrollment
A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
Your child's immunization records
Proof of Arizona residency (e.g., utility bill, house payment, lease/purchase agreement)
IEP/504 forms (if applicable)
Please note, to register for kindergarten, your student must be 5 years old PRIOR to September 1st, 2020.
You will also be required to fill in a Student Emergency Card upon registration.
How to Open Enroll for the 2021-2022 School Year
Open enrollment enables Arizona students to attend public schools outside their district attendance areas or outside their district of residence. It is open to all Arizona-based students.
The official K-12 District Open Enrollment period is September 1, 2020, through January 21, 2021.
- The Early Bird Round, which is for families residing within, as well as outside, district boundaries, begins on Sept. 1 and concludes on Dec. 1. All early bird applications received will be processed and parents/guardians notified via email prior to winter break.
- The Early Bird Round is NOT first-come, first-served. Everyone applying between Sept. 1 and Dec. 1 has the same opportunity for acceptance.
- The Final Round, which is for out-of-district families only, begins Dec. 2, 2020 and concludes on Jan. 21, 2021. Applications received during this time frame will be processed and accepted or denied based on remaining space availability at the requested school. Please note that there may be additional closures by Dec. 1. Applicants will be notified via email in February.
- After Jan. 21, 2021, please contact the school of your choice to inquire about space availability for enrollment.
- All open enrollment questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Please note, that Wildfire Elementary School is open for kindergarten open enrollment applications, but closed for all other grade levels.