About Our School
In 1995, the school first opened as Whispering Wind Elementary. Then in 2008, Whispering Wind established itself as a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) G2 school. It was then that Whispering Wind Elementary received a charter to do business as Whispering Wind Academy (WWA).
The school currently serves over 550 students in grades K-6 and includes three vibrant self-contained Special Education classrooms.
- Our school hours are 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Early dismissal hours are 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Whispering Wind Academy (WWA) Educational Goals
- To provide a safe, clean and orderly learning environment
- To establish a climate of high expectations for success
- To maintain instructional leadership with a clear and focused mission
- To provide opportunities for learning with active, direct instruction, while conducting frequent monitoring of student performance
- To establish active home-school partnerships
WWA Positive Behavior Matrix
- We are a PBIS school, which means we focus on positive behavior interventions and supports. We build our students up and encourage their positive thoughts and actions.
- Our acronym for our behavior matrix is SOAR, because we are mighty eagles soaring through the school!
- S- Safety
- O- Ownership
- A- Always Kind
- R- Respectful
- We have behavioral expectations for every area of the school campus including hallways, bathrooms, the multi-purpose room and the playground.
- Reading, Writing and Mathematics are the foundation for the academic program in grades K-3.
- Science, Social Studies and Global Geography disciplines integrate into and support the overall curriculum, and all students experience global culture and language through Chinese-Mandarin curriculum.
- Fine Arts and Physical Education classes teach academic standards through hands-on activities that integrate the core knowledge and skills learned in the classroom into the enrichment curriculum.
- We embrace and deliver rigorous programs that establish and optimize Personal Character.
- Character Counts – Six Pillars of Character.
- Through PBIS, students learn how to be accountable for their actions and understand the importance of positive behavior.
We embrace and deliver a rigorous program that models a Work Ethic that maximizes acquisition of learning at appropriate levels.
|Start Time||End Time|
|Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second and Third Grades||8:50 AM||3:05 PM|
|Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Grades||8:40 AM||3:15 PM|
|Grade Level||Recess Times||Lunch Time|
|10:36-10:59 and 10:50-1:05||10:19 AM-10:36 AM|
|1st Grade||11:03-11:26 and 1:50-2:05||10:46 AM-11:03 AM|
|2nd Grade||11:30-11:53 and 1:00-1:15||11:13 AM-11:30 AM|
|3rd Grade||11:57-12:20 and 1:35-1:50||11:40 AM-11:57 AM|
|4th Grade||12:51-1:14 and 2:00-2:20 (Mandarin) or 2:20-2:35 (English)||12:34 PM-12:51 PM|
|5th Grade||12:24-12:47 and 1:25-1:40||12:07 PM-12:24 PM|
|6th Grade||1:18-1:41||1:01 PM-1:18 PM|
In Classroom Line Bell
In Classroom Bell
End of Day Bell