About Our School
In 1995, the school first opened as Whispering Wind Elementary. Then in 2008, Whispering Wind established itself as a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) G2 school. It was then that Whispering Wind Elementary received a charter to do business as Whispering Wind Academy (WWA).
The school currently serves over 550 students in grades K-6 and includes three vibrant Special Needs classrooms.
- Our school hours are 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Early dismissal hours are 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Whispering Wind Academy (WWA) Educational Goals
- To provide a safe and orderly learning environment
- To establish a climate of high expectations for success
- To maintain instructional leadership with a clear and focused mission
- To provide opportunities for learning with active, direct instruction, while conducting frequent monitoring of student performance
- To establish active home-school partnerships
WWA Educational Ethos
At Whispering Wind, we embrace an educational ethos we call our Performance Triangle that establishes equally rigorous programs in Academics, Personal Character and Work Ethics. The Performance Triangle embraces the needs and support the talents of students, parents and educators.
- Reading, Writing and Mathematics are the foundation for the academic program in grades K-3.
- Science, Social Studies and Global Geography disciplines integrate into and support the overall curriculum, and all students experience global culture and language through Chinese-Mandarin curriculum.
- Fine Arts and Physical Education classes teach academic standards through hands-on activities that integrate the core knowledge and skills learned in the classroom into the enrichment curriculum.
- We embrace and deliver rigorous programs that establish and optimize Personal Character.
- Character Counts – Six Pillars of Character
- Acceptable Behavior Matrix
We embrace and deliver a rigorous program that models a Work Ethic that maximizes acquisition of learning at appropriate levels.
In Classroom Line Bell
In Classroom Bell
End of Day Bell
School Info and Documents
School Colors: Black and Gold
School Mascot: Eagle
Download Our Commitment Pledge
Explore Our Academic Programs
Download the WWA Parent-Student Handbook
See Our Gradebook Policies
Download the District Parent-Student Handbook
Access the Online Gradebook
See Our Arizona School Report Card