Our school front offices will reopen on July 13, 2020. Visit our PVSchools Reopening page for the latest information.
Parent Concern Protocol
Thursday, June 27, 2019
Shadow Mountain Athletics tries hard to promote a positive atmosphere within every athletic competition. All athletic programs have been and will continue to build on this foundation in order to create the best possible experience we can. Please help us promote good sportsmanship, positive relationships and open communication while your son or daughter participates in Matador Athletics.
- Be supportive of your son or daughter in wins and losses, successes and failures.
- Be a fan to everyone on the team.
- Respect the decisions of the officials.
- Encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy for all players, all fans, all coaches and officials. Arguments or confrontations should never take place.
- Never taunt, boo or use profane language or gestures at a game.
- Refrain from coaching your son, daughter or other players during a game.
- Communicate with your son or daughter about their sport and school specifically and life in general.
- Playing time is based on the expertise of our coaches over countless hours of evaluation at practice and games. Issues with playing time is between coach and athlete.
- Communicate with your son or daughter’s coach if a concern arises. Players are to discuss issues with the coach first. Then the parent. Call the coach. Talk about your concerns. Make an appointment if necessary. We are happy, willing and available to discuss any issue with you. Before or after a game is not a proper time for this to take place unless the coach agrees or an emergency arises. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your meeting, the head coach or Athletic Director is next in line of the chain of command depending on which level your son or daughter plays on. Please be aware phone messages or emails sent directly to the Athletic Director, Shadow Mountain Administrators or the Superintendent’s Office first will not be acted upon until all previous steps are followed.
- Please let coaches and players focus on the game. Before, during or directly after games are important times for coaches to take care of the business on the field without interruption.
- Understand the coaches commit a great deal of time and effort to their sport. Unfortunately, mistakes will be made. Negativity breeds contempt. Help us promote the best possible circumstances for your son or daughter while he or she participates in Shadow Mountain High School Athletic Programs.
Thank you for reading and taking an active role in helping to promote a positive experience in Shadow Mountain Athletics.
Shadow Mountain High School Athletic Director