Whether or not a Cadet pursues Law Enforcement and/or a Forensic Science education or a career in public service, the experience and networking for college and careers is the ultimate goal. More importantly, Cadets develop and establish positive personal attributes that will help them in their future success.
Cadets learn up-to-date policing skills, policies, and legal education through hands-on training from experts in the field, presentations, and field trips.
Cadet Training Includes Specialized Fields, Such As:
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Car Stops
- Theft Response
- Controlled Substance Identification
- Arrest techniques and police operations
- Canine Unit
- Domestic Violence Response
- Accident Investigations
- Traffic Control
- And much more
Cadets volunteer for civic and community events such as traffic and crowd control, and security support at community/school events.
The success of our district cadet program are the young men and women who are to develop Character, Integrity, Honor, Work Ethics and interest in the Legal system, Law Enforcement and Crime Scene Investigation/Forensic Science careers.
- Males and Females of 14 to 19 years of age, due to the fact this is a school-based program. No one who has graduated from high school shall be a Cadet in the North Valley Cadet Program. (14 years old is acceptable only if you have graduated from eighth grade.)
- Exemplary moral character, integrity, honor and hard work ethic.
- Required to remain in school while in the program or until graduation.
- Maintain a C average (70%) or higher (expectations higher).
- No criminal/police record.