June 3 - July 12, 2019
Students currently enrolled in grades 9 through 12 in the Paradise Valley School District are eligible to take one free online semester course.
In some ways online learning is similar to what happens in the standard classroom; in some ways it is different. Read through the "Overview" page to help you decide if you can be successful in an online course.
PLEASE NOTE: If a student has not logged into his/her course for 3 days in a row, the teacher will email a reminder to the student to log in and submit assignments. If a student does not submit assignments within the next two days, the parent/guardian will be contacted, and the student may be in jeopardy of being dropped from the course.
- Session begins June 3, 2019 and ends July 12, 2019
- Final exams are July 8 - 12. Final exams are taken in-person at the PVOnline School.
- Students must log at least 112.5 hours on coursework which amounts to about 20 hours per week (equals 120 days in a classroom)
- The PVOnline Orientation will be available online prior to the start of the session. No in-person orientation is necessary.
- Courses are accessible 24/7 with a computer and high-speed Internet
- PVOnline course grades count towards eligibility to participate in sports/activities
- Self-paced means that you don't have to keep the same pace as every other student; HOWEVER, you are expected to submit work each week. Courses include a pacing guide to help students stay on track for completing work.
- Attendance in an online course means that you are actively producing and submitting assignments
- You must complete your course by the end of the session
- Incomplete assignments receive a zero
- Check your PVLearners email daily for messages
- Take State Assessments for identified courses
March 25 - May 29 (6:00 pm)
Currently enrolled 9th-12 grade PVUSD students request one course through Infinite Campus.
June (first week)
Students will receive an email with instructions for the online orientation.
Students should being working in their PVOnline course.
July 8 - 12
Final exams - IN PERSON.