Welcome to the Home of the Pioneers!
Pinnacle High School has a proud tradition of athletic excellence, promoting sportsmanship, physical activity, friendship and a well-rounded education.
Fall Sports: August 12, 2019 - October 25, 2019
Winter Sports: November 4, 2019 - February 13, 2020
View the AIA Calendar timeline – by sport and transfer eligibility dates.
Pinnacle Athletics Calendar
The following calendar will help you keep up with all Pinnacle High School athletic events. You may view it in Week, Month, or Agenda format, and you can look at current, past and future sporting events.
Additional Pinnacle Athletics Information
- Athletics Sportsmanship
Thank you - Tosh Baker, Kolby Kmetko, Sami Scott, Chloe Strachan for representing our school so well!
- Admission Prices for Sporting Events
Football - Freshman & JV - $4 Adults / $3 Students and elementary aged kids
Varsity - $ 5 Adults / $4 Students and elementary aged kids
Basketball - $ 5 Adults / $4 Students and elementary aged kids
Soccer - $ 5 Adults / $4 Students and elementary aged kids
Volleyball - $ 5 Adults / $4 Students and elementary aged kids
Wrestling - $ 5 Adults / $4 Students and elementary aged kids
Regional & State AIA Games - $10 Adults / $5 Students with ID, valid AIA passes accepted only (prices subject to change)
ALL regular season games below are admission-free at Pinnacle High School, with the exception of Invitationals, Regional & State AIA games
Swim & Dive
Track & Field
Kids 6 & under are Free
Family Passes allow entrance to 2 parents, 2 grand parents and up to 3 NON-high school aged kids(K-8).
These can be used at all 5 district high schools
District employees and one guest can get in free with their staff ID.
- Behavior Protocol for Sporting Events
Pinnacle Athletics tries hard to promote a positive atmosphere within every athletic competition. All athletic programs have been and will continue to build on this foundation in order to create the best possible experience we can. Please help us promote good sportsmanship, positive relationships, and open communication while your son or daughter participates in Pinnacle Athletics.
- Be supportive of your son or daughter in wins and losses, successes and failures.
- Be a fan of everyone on the team.
- Respect the decisions of the officials.
- Encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy for all players, all fans, all coaches and officials. Arguments or confrontations should never take place.
- Never taunt, boo or use profane language or gestures at a game.
- Refrain from coaching your son, daughter or other players during a game.
- Communicate with your son or daughter about their sport and school specifically and life in general.
- Playing time is based on the expertise of our coaches over countless hours of evaluation at practice and games. Issues with playing time are between coach and athlete.
- Communicate with your son or daughter’s coach if a concern arises. Players are to discuss issues with the coach first. Then the parent. Call the coach. Talk about your concerns. Make an appointment if necessary. We are happy, willing and available to discuss any issue with you. Before or after a game is not a proper time for this to take place unless the coach agrees or an emergency arises. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your meeting, the head coach and Athletic Director are next in the line of the chain of command depending on which level your son or daughter plays on. Please be aware phone messages or emails sent directly to the Athletic Director, Pinnacle High School Administrators or the Superintendent’s Office first will not be acted upon until all previous steps are followed.
- Please let coaches and players focus on the game. Before, during or directly after games are important times for coaches to take care of the business on the field without interruption.
- Understand the coaches commit a great deal of time and effort to their sport. Unfortunately, mistakes will be made. Negativity breeds contempt. Help us promote the best possible circumstances for your son or daughter while he or she participates in Pinnacle High School Athletic Programs.
Thank you for reading and taking an active role in helping to promote a positive experience in Pinnacle Athletics.
- Family/student/staff passes explained
Family Athletic Passes
Pass allows 2 adults, 2 grandparents and 3 kids (K-8 Only) entry to regular season games at all PV District High Schools (Horizon, North Canyon, Paradise Valley, Pinnacle & Shadow Mountain) for one school year. EXCLUDES All Invitational, Regional and State AIA Games.
Student Athletic Passes
Pass allows Pinnacle student only entry to all Pinnacle regular season games only. This pass is not valid at other PV District or Non PV District High Schools. EXCLUDES All Invitational, Regional and State AIA Games.
Staff Passes (Employee ID)
Pass allows employee and one guest in entry to regular season games at all PV District High Schools (Horizon, North Canyon, Paradise Valley, Pinnacle & Shadow Mountain). EXCLUDES All Invitational, Regional and State AIA Games.
- How to pay participation fees
All athletics participation fees can be paid through the Pinnacle High School webstore.
Parents: You can access your student's account by entering the following information in the username and password fields
- Username: Student ID number
- Password: Last name only (with first initial a capital)
The webstore accepts most major credit cards.
Please select the sport your child is participating in with either tax credit or non-tax credit.
- Participation Requirements
To participate in Athletics, the following tasks are required and must be completed prior to tryouts.
- All participants need to print and complete the Athletic Physical Packet and complete the Release of Liability for the current school year.
- The physical in the Athletic Packet must be done after March 1st of the current year to be used for the next school year and must be signed by an MD, DO, NP or PA-C. Please make sure the paperwork is for the current year.
- All participants will need to complete the Concussion/Brain Course required by AIA. You will need to register as a student of your school before beginning the course. After completion, you must print out the completion certificate and turn it in to the Athletic Secretary's office, email to email@example.com, or attach to completed athletic packet.
- All participants and their parents must view the online Informed Consent Video prior to participation. Guión del video en español. View the Consent Video
- All participants and their parents must view the Hazing Awareness video prior to participation (see below). Guión del video en español. View the Hazing Awareness Video
- All participants must have passed all classes from the previous quarter, or made up the same number of failed classes in summer school (summer school classes do not have to be the same as those failed).
- If you need to purchase insurance for your student, K&K Insurance is a possible option. You can apply online or pick up a packet from the Athletic Director's office.
- If your student is transferring from another school, school district or state you must complete the complete the AIA 550 Transfer Form. When transferring from a different state, quite often the school was not a member of the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA), therefore, you must complete this form. If your school is not in the school drop down menu, you will need to choose the option, "Other School - Not an AIA Member" and manually enter the information requested.
- All participants must pay a participation fee of $200 prior to the first permissible practice. Cut sports will be given a one week grace period during the week of tryouts but must make the payment by the following Monday. You can pay the fee online or in the school's bookstore from 7:15 am to 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Student Transfer 550 Form
If your student is transferring from another School, School District or State you MUST complete the AIA 550 Transfer Form.
When transferring from a different State quite often the school was not an AIA member. You still must complete this form.
Your school will not be in the school drop down menu, therefore you will need to pick the first option Other School - Not an AIA Member
and manually type the school address.