Welcome to the Home of the Pioneers!
Pinnacle High School has a proud tradition of athletic excellence, promoting sportsmanship, physical activity, friendship and a well-rounded education.
Click on any of the following links to access the website for that sport or team.
August 10, 2020 - October 31, 2020
January 5, 2021 - March 5, 2021
View the AIA Calendar timeline (PDF) – by sport and transfer eligibility dates.
Pinnacle Athletics Calendar
*Minimum range metrics is required for Football full contact and competition to begin.
The following calendar will help you keep up with all Pinnacle High School athletic events (as well as other types of events at the school). You may view the calendar in Week, Month, or Agenda format, and you can look at current, past, and future events.
Additional Pinnacle Athletics Information
- Athletics Sportsmanship
Thank you - Tosh Baker, Kolby Kmetko, Sami Scott, Chloe Strachan for representing our school so well!
- Admission Prices for Sporting Events
Purchase tickets with link on GoFan
Regional & State Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) Games - $10 Adults / $5 Students with ID, valid AIA passes accepted only (prices subject to change)
ALL regular season games below are admission-free at Pinnacle High School, with the exception of Invitationals, Regional & State AIA games:
Swim & Dive
Track & Field
Kids 6 & under are Free
District employees and one guest can get in free with their staff ID.
- Behavior Protocol for Sporting Events
Pinnacle Athletics tries hard to promote a positive atmosphere within every athletic competition. All athletic programs have been and will continue to build on this foundation in order to create the best possible experience we can. Please help us promote good sportsmanship, positive relationships, and open communication while your son or daughter participates in Pinnacle Athletics.
- Be supportive of your son or daughter in wins and losses, successes and failures.
- Be a fan of everyone on the team.
- Respect the decisions of the officials.
- Encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy for all players, all fans, all coaches and officials. Arguments or confrontations should never take place.
- Never taunt, boo or use profane language or gestures at a game.
- Refrain from coaching your son, daughter or other players during a game.
- Communicate with your son or daughter about their sport and school specifically and life in general.
- Playing time is based on the expertise of our coaches over countless hours of evaluation at practice and games. Issues with playing time are between coach and athlete.
- Communicate with your son or daughter’s coach if a concern arises. Players are to discuss issues with the coach first. Then the parent. Call the coach. Talk about your concerns. Make an appointment if necessary. We are happy, willing and available to discuss any issue with you. Before or after a game is not a proper time for this to take place unless the coach agrees or an emergency arises. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your meeting, the head coach and Athletic Director are next in the line of the chain of command depending on which level your son or daughter plays on. Please be aware phone messages or emails sent directly to the Athletic Director, Pinnacle High School Administrators or the Superintendent’s Office first will not be acted upon until all previous steps are followed.
- Please let coaches and players focus on the game. Before, during or directly after games are important times for coaches to take care of the business on the field without interruption.
- Understand the coaches commit a great deal of time and effort to their sport. Unfortunately, mistakes will be made. Negativity breeds contempt. Help us promote the best possible circumstances for your son or daughter while he or she participates in Pinnacle High School Athletic Programs.
Thank you for reading and taking an active role in helping to promote a positive experience in Pinnacle Athletics.
- How to pay participation fees
All athletics participation fees can be paid through the Pinnacle High School webstore.
**Access to Athletic Fee payment will be available the week after tryouts**
Parents: You can access your student's account by entering the following information in the username and password fields
- Username: Student ID number
- Password: Last name only (with first initial a capital)
The webstore accepts most major credit cards.
Please select the sport your child is participating in with either tax credit or non-tax credit.
- Student Transfer 550 Form
If your student is transferring from another School, School District or State you MUST complete the AIA 550 Transfer Form.
When transferring from a different State quite often the school was not an AIA member. You still must complete this form.
Your school will not be in the school drop down menu, therefore you will need to pick the first option, "Other School - Not an AIA Member," and manually type the school address.
Athletic Department Contacts
Head Coaches and Contacts
Click on any of the following seasons to see the athletics teams (along with their head coaches and contact info) that compete during that time.
Sport Head Coach Coach's Email Contact Badminton Charlie Zeeb firstname.lastname@example.org Cross Country Tanner Brown email@example.com Football Dana Zupke firstname.lastname@example.org Golf - Boys Jay Thomas email@example.com Golf - Girls Charlie Wilde firstname.lastname@example.org Swim/Dive - Boys Eric Goldstone email@example.com Swim/Dive - Girls Blake Rider firstname.lastname@example.org Volleyball Allissa Morgan email@example.com
Sport Head Coach Coach's Email Contact Basketball - Boys Charlie Wilde firstname.lastname@example.org Basketball - Girls Erica Farnsworth email@example.com Soccer - Boys Justin Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org Soccer - Girls Jennifer Larsen email@example.com Wrestling Chris Reid firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport Head Coach Coach's Email Contact Baseball Samuel Messina Jr. email@example.com Softball Robert Peña firstname.lastname@example.org Tennis - Boys Justin Hughes email@example.com Tennis - Girls Suzanne Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org Track - Boys Al Kirchmeier email@example.com Track - Girls Andrew Hurley firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport Head Coach Coach's Email Contact Cheer Kaley Nowaczyk email@example.com
Athletics News Flash
WINTER GAMES - The AIA has voted to reinstate the winter sport season, check with the winter head coaches for more information.
Please be sure to have all information completed on Register My Athlete to avoid any delay in your spring season participation: Spring season scheduled to begin on March 1st, 2021 ~ May 22nd, 2021.
Pinnacle High School is now utilizing an online registration tool for athletes' registration: See Register My Athlete Instructions. (Ver Instrucciones para el Proceso de Registro "Register My Athlete.")
Register My Athlete Parent Training Presentation available here: View the Register My Athlete Parent Training Presentation.
Download the AIA Physical Forms for 2020-21 - Due to COVID-19, last year's physical will be accepted for the 2020-21 school year for grades 10, 11 & 12 ONLY. If you have last year's physical paperwork saved, please upload it in the appropriate place. If you no longer have access to last year's physical paperwork, please upload a guardian/parent-signed document in the physical section to include the following statement from a parent: "Please use the physical for my child from the '19-20 school year".
ALL Freshmen, NEW athletes, athletes injured during 2019-20 and/or tested positive for COVID MUST complete and upload a new physical, dated after March 1, 2020.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.