CREST Program Overview
CREST, The Center for Research in Engineering, Science, and Technology
CREST is a four-year Career and Technical Education STEM program offered at Paradise Valley High School that provides students with the opportunity to study one of three specialized disciplines:
Students enrolled in the CREST program are PVHS students. CREST is a recognized leader in STEM education with instructors who continuously develop innovative and engaging ways to provide students with authentic learning experiences that enhance the curriculum. Small class sizes, academic support, laboratory experience, collaboration with university and industry professionals, and a rich campus life provide many opportunities for academic and personal growth.
At CREST, we are focused on creating an authentic, student-centered, problem-based learning environment. Students are inspired by a collaboration with peers, teachers, universities, and industry experts through mentoring, job shadowing, and internship programs.
Emphasizing rigor, relevance, and relationships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, CREST students graduate prepared and fully qualified to pursue STEM-oriented degrees at the postsecondary level.
Students that have been successful in the CREST program possess the following qualities:
- Strong math, writing, and communication skills
- An interest in science, technology, engineering, and math
- Motivation to perform at a high level in a rigorous academic environment
- Desire to interact with university and industry professionals
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to problem-solving
- The ability and willingness to work in diverse collaborative groups
Each year, a maximum of 50 students will be accepted into each of the three CREST programs of study. Students who live outside of the PV Schools, and the Paradise Valley High School attendance boundaries are encouraged to apply.
Students who are interested in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) careers are invited to apply for the CREST Program.
CREST Information Meeting: October 4, 2021 5:00 to 7:30 PM
Please join us for this in-person (conditions permitting) to learn more about the CREST Program.
Please see the Apply to CREST page for meeting details. No registration is required.
- Main presentation – homepage
- Strand presentations – Areas of Study page
- Internship presentation – Internship page
- Virtual tours of each strand – Tours and Shadowing page
- PVHS Clubs, Sports, Academic Organizations, and Programs – view the presentation
Please visit the Apply to CREST page to view instructions and links to apply to CREST. There is no deadline to apply to CREST, but strands start to fill up in January.
For a detailed look at what we do, open up the informational presentation below:
To view teacher narrated presentations for each strand, please go to the Areas of Study webpage.
CREST Featured Video
CREST Events Calendar
The following calendar will help you keep up with all CREST important dates and events. You may view it in Week, Month, or Agenda format, and you can look at current, past and future events.