Applications for the 2022-2023 School Year Are Now Closed
The CREST program is full in all three strands. Please watch this site for information on enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year.
CREST accepts up to 50 students in each of the three strands: Bioscience, Engineering, and Computer Science. While there is no due date for applications, strands start to fill up by January each year. Since CREST is a four-year program, we only admit incoming 9th-grade students each year.
To successfully complete your application, please follow these steps:
- Application: Complete the online application (starting October,5 2021). You will then receive links for the recommendation form and the online interview.
View the online application.
- Recommendations: Send your recommendation form link to the all of the following:
- Your current math or science teacher - Teacher Recommendation Form
- Any other teacher (not Math or Science) - Teacher Recommendation Form
- A community leader (coach, scout leader, church official, Community service supervisor, etc.) - Community Member Recommendation form
- Interview: Complete the online interview:
- You will receive the link to online interview when you complete the application.
- The CREST program interview consists of several video responses.
- Please submit the program application before completing the interview.
- CREST online Interview link
- PV Schools students do not need to send current grades; we will check your grades.
- Students from outside the Paradise Valley School District: Please ask your current school to email your most recent grades to Program Coordinator Phil Howardell (see email address above). We do not require transcripts, just current grades.
Here are a few tips to help you complete your interview:
- Ensure that that you are filming in a quiet, well-lit area that is free from distractions.
- Follow all directions.
- Focus on addressing each specific question.
- Avoid duplicating information.
- Remember, you are passionate, creative, and enthusiastic. Relax and let those qualities show
SparkHire is an online video interview program that is used by industry Human Resource departments to manage their hiring processes.
Using SparkHire is consistent with our goals of integrating technology into our curriculum, providing students with authentic learning experiences, and preparing students for life beyond high school. PVHS-CREST is proud to provide you with the opportunity to use industry standard technology during your application process.