The CREST Program is no longer accepting applications for the 2019-20 school year.
CREST Information Night - October 2, 2019 at Paradise Valley High School, 6:00-8:00 PM, PVHS Auditorium.
The CREST Information Night meeting is a chance to learn about the CREST program, its three strands of study: Bioscience, Engineering, and Computer Science, meet the teachers and current and former students, and tour the CREST facility. In addition students and families will learn about all the engaging and fun opportunities Paradise Valley High School has to offer including: sports, the Arts, Career and Technical Education, AP and Honors programs, and the wide range of clubs and organizations found on a public high school school campus.
Please park in the West Parking lot for a short walk to the PVHS Auditorium, 3950 East Bell Road, Phoenix.
The application window for the 2020-21 school year opens on October 3, 2019.
CREST accepts up to 50 students in each of the three strands: Bioscience, Engineering, and Computer Science. While there is no due date for applications, strands start to fill up by January each year. Since CREST is a four-year program, we only admit incoming 9th grade and a few 10th grade students each year.
To successfully complete your application, please follow these steps:
- Application: Complete the online application (starting Oct. 2, 2019). You will then receive links for the recommendation form and the HireVue online interview.
View the online application.
- Recommendations: Send your recommendation form link to the all of the following:
- Your current math or science teacher
- Any other teacher
- A community leader (coach, scout leader, church official, etc.)
- Interview: Complete the online interview:
- You will receive the link to HireVue online interview when you complete the application.
- The CREST program interview consists of several written prompts and several video responses. If you do not have access to a computer with a webcam, please email the CREST Program Coordinator, Phil Howardell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts: PV Schools students do not need to send current grades; we will check your grades.
- Students from outside the Paradise Valley School District: Please ask your current school to email your most recent grades to Program Coordinator Phil Howardell (see email address above).
Here are a few tips to help you complete your interview:
- Ensure that that you are filming in a quiet, well lit area that is free from distractions.
- Follow all directions.
- Focus on addressing each specific question.
- Avoid duplicating information.
- Remember, you are passionate, creative, and enthusiastic. Relax and let those qualities show.
HireVue is an online video interview program that is used by industry Human Resource departments to manage their hiring processes. PVSchools is one of only a few school districts in the nation to use this program; CREST is the only program in the district to use the HireVue software.
Using HireVue is consistent with our goals of integrating technology into our curriculum, providing students with authentic learning experiences, and preparing students for life beyond high school. PVHS-CREST is proud to provide you with the opportunity to use industry standard technology during your application process.