COMPASS – Centered on Measures Positioning All Students for Success
Our COMPASS strategic plan at Mountain Trail Middle School represents our beliefs, mission, vision, and overall goals to help our students succeed at their highest potential and beyond.
Our goals are divided into two main categories: Learning and Equity.
Our learning goals ultimately strive to work collaboratively to engage students in individualized, rigorous, and authentic learning opportunities so that they may reach their highest potentials. Specifically, our learning goals include:
- Provide a framework of professional learning designed by stakeholders to achieve organizational excellence
- Develop various pathways and procedures to enable each student to have access to have authentic, real-world learning experiences across the curriculum and grade span
- Provide a rigorous Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum (GVC) through focused professional development, effective differentiated instruction, and strategic assessments
Our equity mission is to create a culturally proficient climate that ensures equity and access for all in PVSchools. This includes the following goals:
- Develop relationships that support and foster social, emotional, and academic needs to ensure individual student success
- Create procedures to eliminate barriers so that all students can participate and experience success in high quality curricular and extracurricular programs
- To develop cultural competence within PVSchools that results in equity for students