Equity Goal Objectives:
1. Develop relationships that support and foster social, emotional, and academic needs to ensure individual student success.
- We have been increasing grade levels working together to create Buddy classrooms. We have also joined older students to go in daily to visit younger students who are struggling academically or behaviorally.
- Strike it Rich - All students can earn coins for positive behavior. When they earn 10 they can come to the school store and exchange them for items in the store.
- Teachers have a few identified students, not in their classroom, to buddy up with and develop a relationship with so the students have an extra adult they know.
2. Create procedures to eliminate barriers so that all students can participate and experience success in high quality curricular and extracurricular programs.
- We have worked on expanding our Tax Credit before and after school clubs. We have added to the primary offerings. We pay for an after school bus so most can attend. We pay for students who cannot afford the homework and academic needs clubs. I would like to expand that support for the fun clubs too.
- We always pay for any student that cannot afford to go to CIMI.
3. To develop cultural competence within PVSchools that results in equity for students.
- As part of our discipline plan we have a goal of lowering the amount of referrals and tickets overall with a focus upon boys and students with ADHD.
- We have spent the last few years overhauling our behavior/discipline plan to put in more Tier 1, 2 and 3 supports and strategies into place to allow more movement breaks and positive reinforcement to help our students stay in class and have fewer upsets.