Drop-off and Pick-up Locations and Rules
- Parents may drop students off in designated areas on Marilyn Rd and direct them to walk around the school to the back playground.
- The driveway behind the school is closed to vehicle traffic in the morning, as this is the location where students line up for class. Students will line up in their designated classroom spots at 8:40 a.m. Students may be dropped off at either end of the driveway and directed to walk to the back playground. Students NOT in their seats at 8:45 am will be marked TARDY.
- Kindergarteners and their siblings may be dropped off at the Kindergarten driveway. A Duty Aide is assigned to supervise the Kindergarten playground until the start of school. As this playground is for Kindergarteners only, siblings may proceed to the back playground. Please do not park your car in the Kindergarten driveway in the morning, or stop any longer than necessary to safely let your child(ren) out of the car. As a courtesy to other parents, please pull as far forward as possible in order to prevent the back-up of cars behind you.
Kindergarten car pickup begins at 3 p.m. Other grades dismiss at 3:15 p.m. and it is important that you pick your child up in a timely manner. If you are going to be late, please call the office at 602-449-6200 to inform them and your child of the situation. Students who have not been picked up by 3:30 pm will be brought to the front office to call their parents. If parents cannot be reached, we will call the emergency contacts in your child’s file. If this is not successful, we will contact the police department. Please be aware that the front office closes at 4 pm.
All parents who pick up their students by car should use the car pick up area. Parents enter the driveway on the north side of the school on Marilyn. There is no student pickup in the Liberty parking lot. If you use the Sunrise North parking lot, you must park and meet your children.
Overflow pickup areas:
- Parents may park in the Sunrise North parking lot and meet their student on the Liberty campus. The pickup of students is not allowed in the Sunrise North parking lot or the driveway to the North parking lot. Parents using the North parking lot must park and meet students on the Liberty campus.
- South side of Marilyn along Sunrise Middle School (by the baseball / track fields) and for Eastbound traffic only
- South Sunrise parking lot off Acoma
- West side of 52nd Street pickup / drop-off turnout (southbound traffic only). Because of congestion, this area is not recommended as a regular pickup area. Liberty buses use this area for student pickup. For student safety, double-parking along 52nd street is not permitted; violators will be ticketed by police.
Parking lots are meant to accommodate parking for parents who wish to enter the school, walk a child to the playground, or wait with a child until the start of school. They are not for drop-off / pick-up.
The one exception is the Sunrise Middle School parking lot which is the safest area to drop off students. Students can enter the Liberty playground from the Sunrise Middle School parking lot through a gate along the fence. Please do not pass the gate/drop-off zone unless you plan to park and walk with your child to the playground.