Indian Bend Safety
Safety is a top priority at our school
We take steps to secure the campus in a variety of ways, including careful monitoring of who's on campus at any given time. All visitors are required to sign in at the office. Drop of and pick up times are also important. Please follow the procedures listed in the attached document to help us ensure student safety.
In addition we have a School Resource Officer on premises.
School Resource Officer (SRO)
A School Safety Program Grant was awarded to Indian Bend Elementary School.
Our students will benefit from the expertise of a School Resource Officer who will present information on the following topics:
- Grades 4 - 6 will receive information on three topics of focus: Bullying, Avoiding Conflict & Conflict Resolution, and Safe Use of Technology.
- Grades K - 3 will be exposed through presentations to the following topics of focus: bullying, Helmet/Bike & Car Seat Safety, Stranger Danger, and Fire and Water Safety.
- Parents will be invited to attend Parent Awareness Academies to receive information focused on:
- ~ K - 3 Topics: Stranger Danger, Fire and Water Safety, and Bullying
- ~ 4 - 6 Topics: Bullying, Safe Use of Technology, and Conflict Resolution
- Staff will attend presentations regarding topics such as preventing bullying and keeping students safe with technology
The Paradise Valley Unified School District provides additional resources for emergency planning.Learn more