Welcome Parents and Students of Explorer Middle School,
The great challenge for any school is to find a way to meet the needs of each student that walks through the doors each day. The Vision of the Paradise Valley Unified School District and Explorer Middle School is to stand out from the rest; and to cultivate, lead, and inspire world-class, innovative thinkers and expert communicators in each of our students. We accomplish this through Explorer's Mission: Engage, Empower, Explore, Experience.
It is our beliefs and commitment at Explorer MS that guide us in everything we do.
- We believe that all students can achieve...and all means all
- Personal integrity and respect is given and received by all students, teachers and staff
- Diversity and individual differences are celebrated and valued
- We focus on the relationship between educator and student; built around challenging, meaningful, and engaging curriculum
- Our parents are vital partners and valued resources in the educational process
- Our PTO is a strong partner in the education of our students and community
- Technology plays a critical role in the success and lives of our students and their future education
- Equipping students with 21st Century Skills: Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, and Critical Thinking are a strong focus across the curriculum
- We are a community that strives to do all of this through a school environment, which is inviting, safe, inclusive, and supportive to all
What a privilege it is to be the principal of Explorer Middle School. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to serve the students, families, staff and community of EMS.