Our school front offices will reopen on July 13, 2020. Visit our COVID-19 page for the latest information.
1:1 Technology Ratio
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
We are proud to announce that Explorer Middle School has implemented a 1:1 technology plan for all academic classes on campus. This means that all students have access to technology that enhances their learning in the classroom while they are at school.
Why 1:1 Is Important
Study after study has proven the benefits of a 1:1 technology approach, even at the elementary school level:
- Students in 1:1 environments are frequently more motivated to learn than students in traditional classroom environments
- Questions and assignments can be tailored to each student depending on his or her readiness and capabilities
- Writing assignments can be turned into blogs and presentations that can be shared with the class or even published online
- Portable devices can incorporate graphic and video elements that make learning more fun
- Bringing devices home extends the learning environment beyond the school day
- Students get a head start on becoming comfortable and experienced with technology