Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Echo Mountain Intermediate School is one of the few schools in our area to offer full-time instruction in both Media (Library) and Technology.
At EMIS, we feel that technology is best used as a tool for learning in the classroom, as well as a venue for creativity and a way for students to learn essential skills for the 21st Century job market they will face in the future. As such, we offer Google Chromebooks in a moveable lap that can be checked out, as well as three computer labs available for classroom use. These tools allow for individualized instruction for students and portals to the world of the Internet.
Why 1:1 is Important
Study after study has proven the benefits of a 1:1 technology approach:
- Intermediate students in 1:1 environments are frequently more motivated to learn than students in traditional classroom environments
- Questions and assignments can be tailored to each student depending on his or her readiness and capabilities
- Writing assignments can be turned into blogs and presentations that can be shared with the class or even published online
- Portable devices can incorporate graphic and video elements that make learning more fun
- Bringing devices home extends the learning environment beyond the school day
- Students get a head start on becoming comfortable and experienced with technology