Take Time to Unplug and Play Feb. 4-6
Thursday, February 3, 2022
During the weekend of Feb. 4-6, 2022, take some time for your family and unplug from electronics. That's right – put away the phones, turn off the TV, and forget about work emails for a few days. Instead, use this time to relax and recharge. Spend time with family or friends, read a book, go for a walk, or just relax. It can be challenging to find time to unplug, but it's worth it. Dedicating the weekend to carve out time to unwind can help you recharge and refuel for the week ahead.
To support this endeavor, PVSchools is having a homework-free weekend. Tests will not be scheduled on Monday, Feb. 7, and staff members are encouraged to unplug from work-related responsibilities.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of your weekend without electronics.
- If you registered for the virtual PVSchools 5K Community Fun Run, complete your 3.1-mile walk or run.
- Play a board game or put together a puzzle.
- Go for a walk or bike ride in the neighborhood.
- Find a book to read together.
- Bake or cook a recipe together.
- Go for a hike.
- Build an indoor fort.
- Create a scavenger hunt for either indoors or outdoors.
- Create or refresh your garden area.
- Create a family tree using photos or drawings.
- Work on arts and crafts projects together.
So turn off your devices and enjoy your free time!