Open Enrollment for 2022-23 – How It Works
Thursday, September 2, 2021
Understanding Arizona’s Open Enrollment process and how it works can be challenging. Open Enrollment allows parents to apply for admission to any public school, as long as there is classroom space available. Each school district develops its own Open Enrollment policies, which are then approved by its governing board.
So, why would parents choose to enroll their child into a school other than their home school? Parents choose to open enroll their child in PVSchools for a variety of different reasons such as unique program offerings, teaching philosophy, extracurricular activities, or a closer proximity to work.
At PVSchools, the Open Enrollment period for the next school year (2022-23) runs from Sept. 1 through Jan. 21. Here’s what you need to know about the PVSchools’ Open Enrollment process.
- The Early Bird Round began on Sept. 1 and concludes on Dec. 2. All Early Bird applications will be processed and parents and guardians are notified via email prior to winter break.
- The Final Round begins on Dec. 3 and concludes on Jan. 21. Applications received during this time frame will be processed and accepted and/or denied based on remaining space availability at the requested school. Please note that there may be additional closures by Dec. 2. Applicants will be notified via email in February.
- After Jan. 21, you may go directly to the school of your choice to enroll your child. Students are accepted based on availability.
- The Early Bird Round is not first-come-first-served. Everyone applying between Sept. 1 and Dec. 2 has the same opportunity for acceptance.
- Open Enrollment applications will only be accepted via the online form. Apply for Open Enrollment today!
Once accepted to a PV school under the Open Enrollment process, parents are responsible for providing transportation for their child to and from school.
PVSchools offers quality education choices for every journey from preschool to 12th grade. With a robust curriculum at every grade level to free full-day Kindergarten and music and visual arts at the elementary level. The middle and high school levels help define a student’s path to college and career readiness with a wide variety of core curriculum courses, electives, Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs, and athletics.
- Students currently enrolled in one of our PV schools under Open Enrollment do not need to reapply if they are remaining at the same school.
- Per Governing Board policy, students currently on open enrollment and wishing to continue through their elementary school/middle school/high school feeder system do not need to reapply when entering 7th grade or 9th grade providing they choose to attend the middle school or high school in their current feeder system.
- The following schools/grade levels/programs are closed to Open Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year:
- Special Education
- High School: Pinnacle High is closed for open enrollment for 10th, 11th, and 12th grades.