Expressing Gratitude to Our PVSchools Community
Monday, November 15, 2021
November is National Gratitude Month, which is the perfect opportunity to reflect on what we are grateful for, as well as a time to celebrate and give thanks. At PVSchools, we are thankful to our families and community members who have supported our students, teachers, and programs throughout the year. In no particular order, here are the top ways that you directly helped PVSchools.
- PVSchools Volunteer In Paradise (VIP) program has dedicated, highly qualified volunteers who tutor kindergarten through eighth-grade students in reading and math. VIP is currently recruiting new volunteers if you have a few hours a week to spare. Learn more about VIP.
- Organizations and individuals made monetary gifts or donations to a particular school, program, or district. Gifts and donations help cover athletic participation fees for students, Principal’s Discretionary Fund, student incentives, food, or programs, such as band, orchestra, or an elective. Learn more about gifts and donations.
- Tax Credit contributions for extracurricular activities or character education help children develop qualities, such as leadership, team play, and cooperation, while providing safe, supervised activities after school hours. Learn more about tax credits.
- PV Schools Education Foundation (PVSEF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that raises funds to support the Paradise Valley Unified School District. Tax-deductible donations made to the PSVEF support a wide variety of projects for students in PVSchools, including the PSAT, District Spelling Bee, Fine Arts Festival, STEM initiatives, and Teacher mini-grants. Learn more about the PVSEF.
- Parent groups help to bridge the relationships between school and home. Meetings are monthly, and parent groups support schools by raising money for school items. Parents volunteer for annual health screenings, participate in fundraisers, and assist with committees.