Overview of Desert Trails Elementary School
The Mission of Desert Trails Elementary School (DTES) is to assure the highest level of learning for all students, to develop life-long learners who exhibit self-discipline, global awareness and excel as independent thinkers and high achievers through a supportive partnership of staff, parents, and all community stakeholders.
Our students will be the leaders of tomorrow with the skills, knowledge and confidence to realize their dreams in an ever-changing world.
- Every member of our community plays a valuable role in the success of our students by supporting a positive, student-focused learning environment.
- It is vital to ensure equity and access to a high quality educational experience for all.
- The essential skills for success are collaboration, creativity, communication and critical thinking.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture is critical to reach our goals.
- Lifelong learning is essential.
PVSchools Governing Board Information
Five governing board members are elected for staggered, four-year terms. They serve without compensation. The board sets policy for the management of the district, and the superintendent and cabinet are responsible for the execution of these policies. The governing board secretary is Deeann Chisman, (602) 449-2298.
Forms are being collected digitally at this time. Please complete the PVSchools District Enrollment Packet, and return it to Beth Starkel, our Records Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org Once the Shelter In Place is lifted, we will plan for a “drive through” registration format and will share that information when the time comes.
Take a Tour of DTES
We look forward to meeting you and your student. Once you register, consider yourself on the list. Stop at the front office and sign in to receive a visitor badge. Thank you.