Desert Trails Hours
School Hours: 8:45 am - 3:15 pm
Early Release 8:45 am - 12:30 pm
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Overview of Desert Trails Elementary School
The Mission of Desert Trails Elementary School (DTES) is to assure the highest level of learning for all students, to develop life-long learners who exhibit self-discipline, global awareness and excel as independent thinkers and high achievers through a supportive partnership of staff, parents, and all community stakeholders.
Our students will be the leaders of tomorrow with the skills, knowledge and confidence to realize their dreams in an ever-changing world.
- Every member of our community plays a valuable role in the success of our students by supporting a positive, student-focused learning environment.
- It is vital to ensure equity and access to a high quality educational experience for all.
- The essential skills for success are collaboration, creativity, communication and critical thinking.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture is critical to reach our goals.
- Lifelong learning is essential.
How to Enroll at DTES for the 2020-2021 School Year
In-person registration will be accepted daily from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Please bring in the completed PVSchools District Enrollment Packet along with the required documents. Enrollment packets can also be picked up and turned into the front office.
Required Documents for Enrollment
A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
Your child's immunization records
Proof of Arizona residency (e.g., utility bill, house payment, lease/purchase agreement)
IEP/504 forms (if applicable)
Please note, to register for kindergarten, your student must be 5 years old PRIOR to September 1st, 2020.
You will also be required to fill in a Student Emergency Card upon registration.
How to Open Enroll for the 2021-2022 School Year
Open enrollment enables Arizona students to attend public schools outside their district attendance areas or outside their district of residence. It is open to all Arizona-based students.
The official K-12 District Open Enrollment period is September 1, 2020, through January 21, 2021.
- The Early Bird Round, which is for families residing within, as well as outside, district boundaries, begins on Sept. 1 and concludes on Dec. 1. All early bird applications received will be processed and parents/guardians notified via email prior to winter break.
- The Early Bird Round is NOT first-come, first-served. Everyone applying between Sept. 1 and Dec. 1 has the same opportunity for acceptance.
- The Final Round, which is for out-of-district families only, begins Dec. 2, 2020 and concludes on Jan. 21, 2021. Applications received during this time frame will be processed and accepted or denied based on remaining space availability at the requested school. Please note that there may be additional closures by Dec. 1. Applicants will be notified via email in February.
- After Jan. 21, 2021, please contact the school of your choice to inquire about space availability for enrollment.
- All open enrollment questions may be directed to Tera Sorenson email@example.com (602) 449-2095
Take a Tour of DTES
Due to the current situation with COVID, we are unable to offer tours at this time.
We look forward to meeting you and your student. Once you register, consider yourself on the list. Stop at the front office and sign in to receive a visitor badge. Thank you.
PVSchools Governing Board Information
Five governing board members are elected for staggered, four-year terms. They serve without compensation. The board sets policy for the management of the district, and the superintendent and cabinet are responsible for the execution of these policies. The governing board secretary is Deeann Chisman, (602) 449-2298.