Desert Trails Hours
School Hours: 8:45 am - 3:15 pm
Early Release 8:45 am - 12:30 pm
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Overview of Desert Trails Elementary School
The Mission of Desert Trails Elementary School (DTES) is to assure the highest level of learning for all students, to develop life-long learners who exhibit self-discipline, global awareness and excel as independent thinkers and high achievers through a supportive partnership of staff, parents, and all community stakeholders.
Our students will be the leaders of tomorrow with the skills, knowledge and confidence to realize their dreams in an ever-changing world.
- Every member of our community plays a valuable role in the success of our students by supporting a positive, student-focused learning environment.
- It is vital to ensure equity and access to a high quality educational experience for all.
- The essential skills for success are collaboration, creativity, communication and critical thinking.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture is critical to reach our goals.
- Lifelong learning is essential.
How to Enroll at DTES for the Current School Year
If you live within our school's boundary and your child will be going into any grade between Kindergarten and 6th, you qualify for traditional enrollment.
Start the Traditional Enrollment Process
(Please note you will have to fill out additional paperwork after completing the online registration form.)
If you are not sure whether your home is within our boundary, visit our district's Locate a School webpage and either use the interactive map or open up the appropriate "Elementary School Boundaries" PDF attachment.
If you have questions about the traditional enrollment process, please contact the Records Secretary at (602) 449-4111.
How to Open Enroll for the 2022-2023 School Year
Open enrollment enables Arizona students to attend public schools outside their district attendance areas or outside their district of residence. It is open to all Arizona-based students.
The official K-12 District Open Enrollment period is September 1, 2021, through January 21, 2022.
- The Early Bird Round, which is for families residing within, as well as outside, district boundaries, begins on Sept. 1 and concludes on Dec. 1. All early bird applications received will be processed and parents/guardians notified via email prior to winter break.
- The Early Bird Round is NOT first-come, first-served. Everyone applying between Sept. 1 and Dec. 1 has the same opportunity for acceptance.
- The Final Round, which is for out-of-district families only, begins Dec. 2, 2021 and concludes on Jan. 21, 2022. Applications received during this time frame will be processed and accepted or denied based on remaining space availability at the requested school. Please note that there may be additional closures by Dec. 1. Applicants will be notified via email in February.
- After Jan. 21, 2022, please contact the school of your choice to inquire about space availability for enrollment.
- All open enrollment questions may be directed to Tera Sorenson: email@example.com or (602) 449-2095.
You can also refer to our homepage for Open Enrollment capacity and closure information.
PVSchools Governing Board Information
Five governing board members are elected for staggered, four-year terms. They serve without compensation. The board sets policy for the management of the district, and the superintendent and cabinet are responsible for the execution of these policies. The governing board secretary is Deeann Chisman, (602) 449-2298.