Desert Trails Brag Board
Please take a moment to brag about your child's experience in class and/or some of the fabulous things your child's teacher is doing. Your response will be shared. Thank you in advance for your submission.
Website Resources for Students
- PV Assist – PV Assist is an Information Technology support site which will help students and their families navigate logins/passwords, issues with Chromebooks, Google Classroom, and much more.
- PVSchools Authentication Portal (student username and password required)
- Infinite Campus for Grades (username and password required)
- Accelerated Reader (must access via Clever/Renaissance Place) allows students to take quizzes on books they have read and see their progress. AR testing is available Monday - Friday 7:45am - 4:15pm. Testing is not available over the summer and word count resets each school year.
- AR Bookfinder – Search for books that have AR Quizzes. If the book does not have an AR Quiz, email Mrs. Benjamin with the Book Title and Author and she can make a request to have a quiz made. NOTE: Just because a request is made does not guarantee the company will make a quiz for it.
- Follett Destiny – Find a book in the Desert Trails library collection or read online eBooks. It’s an easy way to find fiction and nonfiction books using criteria such as interest level, title, author, subject, award-winners, state lists, and more.
- Teacher Directory and Websites
- Nutrition, Meal Service, Menus, and Payment Options
- Bus Rider - If you live in the Tatum Highlands neighborhood or within the DTES boundaries and are one mile or greater away, you are eligible for transportation. Visit our transportation website to find your bus stop locations and times.
Student Chromebook Replacement Costs for K-8 Students
Beginning in March of 2020, students were issued district Chromebooks and agreed to return the equipment to PVSchools in the condition that it was given. Parents/Guardians accepted responsibility for this equipment during the checkout period and agreed that they will be held personally liable if it is lost, stolen, or damaged. Students will be charged the actual cost of replacement if the Chromebook and charger aren’t returned with only normal wear and tear. See below for replacement cost:
Replacement Cost for Chromebook $150
Replacement Cost for Charger (Adapter) $20
Screen Damage $50
Brand New Dell Chromebooks $393
Common Core Guide
Being involved in your child’s academic success can increase his/her opportunities and options for the future. Knowing some key academic benchmarks and what or how you can support your child in meeting them is important. To learn more about policies, procedures, and other important information for Desert Trails Elementary School, please review our Common Core Guide.
Desert Trails Parent/Student Handbook
To learn about policies, procedures, and other important information for Desert Trails Elementary School, please view our Parent-Student Handbook.
PV District Handbook
To learn about your rights and responsibilities as a parent or student in the Paradise Valley School District, please refer to the latest District Handbook.
2021-2022 School Supply Lists
Supply lists are organized by grade level, honors and self-contained gifted programs. Click on the list you need below and it will download in PDF format. We've also prepared an Excel spreadsheet you can download so that you can put all your supply lists together and sort it making shopping easy if you are dealing with multiple supply lists.
- Download Self-Contained Gifted Supply Lists
- Download Self-Contained Gifted Pre-K Supply List
- Download Honors Supply List
- Download Kindergarten Supply List
- Download 1st Grade Supply List
- Download 2nd Grade Supply List
- Download 3rd Grade Supply List
- Download 4th Grade Supply List
- Download 5th Grade Supply List
- Download 6th Grade Supply List