About Desert Trails
At Desert Trails, our experienced, dedicated staff offers a wide range of opportunities for diverse learners from Pre-K through 6th grade, including self-contained gifted, as well as self-contained special needs classes. We also have staff who specialize in PE, STEM, Art, Music, Band and Strings. Our students eagerly welcome newcomers to our school community as they put into practice our school-wide Be Kind program, which is the basis of our Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). Our 5th and 6th grade team is departmentalized, so students receive instruction from teachers focused on a specific subject area or two. We partner with parents and the community in many ways, including our active, supportive PTO members, who collaborate with us to provide specialized classroom materials and sponsor events enjoyed by all. The result of everyone working together – teachers, support staff, parents, students, and the surrounding community – is a positive, safe school environment where our students excel at mastering Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards, as evidenced by our school ranking 15th in the state, based on AZMerit results.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8 am - 4 pm
Wednesday 8 am - 3 pm
School Hours (every Wednesday is Early Release)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:45am - 3:15pm
- Kindergarten will release at 3:00 pm
- First grade will release at 3:05 pm
Every Wednesday - school will begin at 8:45 am and end at 12:30 pm
- Kindergarten will release at 12:15 pm
- First grade will release at 12:20 pm
- Lunch will not be served and students will attend specials on a rotating basis.
- Wednesday afternoons are reserved for teacher planning.
What to do when your child is absent
Call the attendance line to report a student absence before 3:00 pm. The number is available 24 hours a day so if you know your child will be out, you are able to call at any time to record the absence (602) 449-4101.
- Visit the Health Office page for important information about screening checks, COVID isolation/quarantine guidelines, masks and much more.
- If your child is sent home due to illness, please allow the teacher two days to prepare materials for your child. Materials for your child will be available in the front office.
- If your child is absent from school for any reason, he/she will check back into school through the school nurse.
Need Technology Help?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties while utilizing the PVConnect and PVOnline learning models, the PV Assist website is here to help. PV Assist is an Information Technology support site which will help students and their families navigate logins/passwords, issues with Chromebooks, Google Classroom, and much more.