1. Provide a framework of professional learning designed by stakeholders to achieve organizational excellence.
- Professional development will reinforce the Arizona College and Career Readiness standards and the PVUSD Guaranteed and Viable Math Curriculum.
- Professional development will reinforce best practice engagement strategies and the new English Language Arts adoption.
- Focus Professional Learning Community work on Math Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum and English Language Arts Wonders McGraw Hill curriculum.
- Professional development will focus on 21st century skills including critical thinking, communication and collaboration. This includes further training on project based learning, delth of knowledge, levels of complexity, socratic questioning, and student discourse strategies.
- Professional development will reinforce best practices in teaching reading and writing using specific English Language Arts curriculums- Wonders McGraw-Hill, Spalding Phonics, and Step Up to Writing. Each grade level team will be studying The Writing Strategies and The Reading Strategies books by Jennifer Serravallo.
- Professional Learning Communities will use data to assess student growth as well as reflect on instructional strategies, intervention strategies, and enrichment practices.
2. Develop various pathways and procedures to enable each student to have access to have authentic, real-world learning experiences across the curriculum and grade span.
- Implement Full Option Science System kits to focus on discovery and engagement in the classroom.
- Implement Math Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum and English Language Arts adoption with fidelity with a focus on student engagement.
- Implementation of both Arizona College and Career Readiness standards and the Core Knowledge curriculum in science and social studies in a research based sequence.
- Implement at least two Full Option Science System kits in each grade level to focus on the inquiry science standards.
- Implement Wonders McGraw-Hill for English Language Arts with fidelity with a focus on student engagement and small group instruction. Small group reading instruction is used in every grade level.
- Implement Math Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum with fidelity with a focus on the 8 mathematical practices, student engagement, and depth of knowledge.
- Create and plan at least two project based learning assignments in each grade level focused on a science standard, and/or Core Knowledge topic.
3. Provide a rigorous Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum (GVC) through focused professional developments, effective differentiated instruction, and strategic assessments.
- Implement Math Guaranteed and Viable Math Curriculum and English Language Arts adoption with fidelity at all grade levels.
- Utilize the four essential questions in the PLC process to analyze math data and improve instructional strategies.
- Implement quarterly data chats to assess student progress, adjust small reading groups, and discuss instructional strategies.
- Progress Monitor students using Dibels each month to determine next steps in instruction.
- Implement 95% Group as a Tier 3 reading intervention.
- Use Professional Learning Communities to monitor student progress on math Common Formative Assessments and adjust teaching strategies and student groups accordingly. Provide math intervention based on Common Formative Assessments.