1. Develop relationships that support and foster social, emotional, and academic needs to ensure individual student success.
- Promote positive social and academic relationships between students in the Structured Autism programand the general education classroom through intentional programming in the classroom, on the playground, and through parent information nights.
- Promote active working relationships between home and school to increase opportunities to learn through improved communication and academic events.
- Implement SOAR expectations consistently and creatively for students. Use positive reinforcements that encourage students to make good choices.
- Additionally, focus on relationship building, kindness and having a Growth Mindset. Provide learning experiences for all students through the Be Kind People Project assemblies and morning announcements.
2. Create procedures to eliminate barriers so that all students can participate and experience success in high quality curricular programs.
- Provide scholarships for students for field trips and before/after school classes.
- Resource model that includes push-in and co-teaching as well as pull-out.
- Gifted cluster model in K-3, gifted services with gifted specialist in grades 4-6
- Provide professional development for teachers in small group instruction, differentiation, and academic and behavioral interventions.
- Utilize reading specialist, special education teachers, and paraeducators in reading intervention for all grade levels.
- Provide Before School and After School class options to all grade levels in a variety of extra curricular topics including STEAM and Yoga.
- Provide resources to all teachers to challenge students using a range of complexity.
3. To develop cultural competence within PVSchools that results in equity for students.
- Develop and value soft skills (communication, positivity, motivation, conflict resolution, and listening skills) through Positive Behavior Intervention Supports and 21st Century Skills through increased engagement strategies such as student discourse in the classrooms.
- Professional development for staff in community building and relationship building strategies, with an emphasis on Tribes Learning Communities.
- Professional development for staff in Restorative Practices and Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- Continue professional development in 21st century skills to include project based learning, student discourse strategies, and integration of technology.
- Work together with the PVUSD Information Technology Department to provide Technology and STEAM opportunities for students both during and after the school day.