Equity Goal Objective 1
Develop relationships that support and foster social, emotional, and academic needs to ensure individual student success.
- Provide differentiated social interventions to support students in social skills on the playground, through small groups and Lunch Bunch.
- Teach age appropriate social skills and mediation.
- Provide resources and support for parents (caregivers) to provide students support who display emotional needs.
- Buddy Classrooms will increase communication among teachers and students throughout the year and will create a connectedness school wide.
Equity Goal Objective 2
Create procedures to eliminate barriers so that all students can participate and experience success in high quality curricular and extracurricular programs.
- Provide reading and math support/interventions for struggling students.
- Provide positive behavior intervention and support for students.
- Provide support to students learning social skills during recess.
- Use STAT to support efforts of students who are identified as needing academic, emotional , or behavioral supports in the classroom with the goal of eliminating barriers to learning potential.
Equity Goal Objective 3
To develop cultural competence within PVSchools that results in equity for students.
- Students will participate in Sanford Harmony(or similar SEL activities) - social/emotional training
- Students identified through the STAT process could receive a student mentor if deemed necessary.
- Announcements include positive statements and reminders of PAWS(PBIS expectations)
- Morning meetings to connect the teacher with students and students to each other
- Title Night (Math and Literacy)- Provide parents and students with opportunities to play and learn together. Participants receive new set of math games with manipulatives as a take away.
- Provide professional development in Restorative Practices and strategies to promote a safe and positive learning environment
- Provide professional development to staff on Equity issues/ACES/Trauma/ and Resilience practices.
- Give students a voice through STUCO (Student Council) and student committees.