1:1 Technology Ratio
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
We are proud to announce that Boulder Creek has implemented a 1-1 technology plan for all of our 2-6 and K-2 classes. This means that all students have access to technology that enhances their learning in the classroom.
Our approach utilizes a combination of iPads and Chromebooks throughout the day.
Why 1:1 is Important
Study after study has proven the benefits of a 1:1 technology approach, even at the elementary school level.
- Elementary students in 1:1 environments are frequently more motivated to learn than students in traditional classroom environments
- Questions and assignments can be tailored to each student depending on his or her readiness and capabilities
- Writing assignments can be turned into blogs and presentations that can be shared with the class or even published online
- Portable devices can incorporate graphic and video elements that make learning more fun
- Bringing devices home extends the learning environment beyond the school day
- Students get a head start on becoming comfortable and experienced with technology