Welcome to Kindergarten!
Boulder Creek Elementary
Meet the Principal - Mr. Gillett
Meet the Assistant Principal - Mrs. Christner
Meet the Kindergarten Teachers
Meet Mrs. Webb
Meet Ms. Winters
Meet Miss Wolf
Meet Miss Vaz
A Few of Our Favorite Books:
- "Our Class Is a Family"
- "Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon"
- "The Magic of Me: My Magical Dreams"
- "We Don't Eat Our Classmates"
- "Elephant & Piggie: We Are in a Book"
Class Schedule Sample
Times are subject to change!
8:15 - 8:45 a.m.: Calendar and Morning Meeting
8:45 - 9:00 a.m.: Whole Group Math
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.: Math Stations
10:00 - 10:20 a.m.: Snack and Recess
10:20 - 11:00 a.m.: ELA (Reading, Writing, Phonics)
11:00 - 11:40 a.m.: Lunch and Recess
11:40 a.m. - 12:40 p.m.: Reading Stations
12:40 - 1:20 p.m.: Special Areas – Art, Music, P.E., Technology
1:20 - 2:10 p.m.: Science or Social Studies
2:10 - 2:25 p.m.: Pack and Clean Up
2:25 - 2:30 p.m.: Dismissal
Citizenship Program: P.A.W.S.
At Boulder Creek we are:
Citizenship Program: All Things E.Q.
- Weekly essential questions
- Weekly videos an stories about the E.Q. motto
- Teaches us strategies on how to make ourselves better students and community members!
Our Curriculum: Reading
Our curriculum focuses on the five essential skills that build early reading success. Our students will engage in a variety of activities that reinforce phonemic awareness, phonemic decoding, building vocabulary, reading fluency, and comprehension.
Our Curriculum: Writing
Our Curriculum: Math
Our teachers provide quality and rigorously challenging instruction using the Arizona College And Career Readiness Standards (ACCRS) and CORE Knowledge. Instruction is provided within a nurturing and supportive environment that allows all students to thrive.
Your child will work on skills such as:
- Number recognition
- Number fluency
Our Curriculum: Science and Social Studies
How to Enroll at Boulder Creek
If Boulder Creek is your home school, enroll here:
If Boulder Creek is not your home school, enroll here:
Getting Your Child Ready
- Have a routine and schedule.
- Talk about PAWS expectations at home.
- Help your child learn to use words to communicate what they need.
- Stress resolving conflicts with words instead of physically.
- Model appropriate behavior for your child.
- Practice using the restroom independently.