We recognize that our desert environment necessitates specific attention to our climate and its impact on the physical well being of our students.
- All athletes participating in all sports will be taught the importance of maintaining body fluids as a matter of life and death. Instruction and reinforcement will be the responsibility of the coach
- Athletes participating in heavy workouts during warm weather practice will be given water breaks every twenty minutes. Additional water shall be given to any athlete who requests water. Coaches will be responsible for monitoring all athletes to make certain each one is replenishing bodily fluids. Water will be provided for all athletes.
- Athletes participating in all sports will be given water breaks sufficient to maintain regular replacement of bodily fluids with the same attention being given to monitoring the water intake.
- In all sports, care should be taken to properly condition athletes before they engage in strenuous activity. Students coming to the Paradise Valley Unified School District schools from colder climates must be counseled and conditioned to warm weather activity.
- When the temperature is greater that 100 degrees and the temperature and
- humidity added together equal 150 degrees or higher, practice is to be modified.
- Please look online and check the weather before each scheduled practice and game.