High School Athletics
In PVSchools, we believe that athletics form an integral part of a well-rounded high school education. Not only do students benefit from physical exercise, organized athletics instills responsibility and builds relationship skills.
Between our five high schools, PVSchools offers a wide variety of Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) sports and physical education opportunities for students at every level of experience and skill.
To participate in athletics in PVSchools, the following required items must be completed prior to tryouts.
- All participants must complete online registration, upload completed athletic physical forms, and complete the Release of Liability for the current school year.
- Athletic physicals must be completed after March 1 of the current year to be used for the next school year and must be signed by an MD, DO, NP or PA-C.
- All participants must pay a participation fee of $200 prior to the first permissible practice. Cut sports will be given a one week grace period during the week of tryouts (must make payment by the following Monday). Fees can be paid on your schools webstore or in the bookstore between 7:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- All participants must complete the Concussion/Brain Course required by Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) by registering as a student of your school before beginning the course. After completion, print out the completion certificate and turn it in to the Athletic Director's office.
- All participants and their parents must view the online Informed Consent video prior to participation
- All participants and their parents must view the Hazing Awareness video prior to participation.
- All participants must have passed all classes from the previous quarter, or made up the same number of failed classes in summer school.
- Consider purchasing insurance for your student, K&K Insurance is a possible option. Apply online or pick up a packet from the Athletic Director's office.
- If your child is transferring from another school, school district, or state you must complete the AIA 550 Transfer Form. If your former school is not in the school drop-down menu, choose the option "Other School - Not an AIA Member," and then manually enter the information requested.