Category : Early Childhood
PVSchools Offers Montessori Preschool at 3 Locations
Tuesday , January 07 , 2020
Did you know that PVSchools offers a Montessori Preschool program at three locations - Desert Shadows Elementary School (with Suzuki Strings violin), Mercury Mine Elementary School, and Whispering Wind Academy (with Mandarin enrichment)?
If you’re researching preschool options, consider the philosophy and approach of a Montessori program. Our Montessori Preschool programs are based on the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. Students in the program engage in critical thinking, discovery and creative invention in a unique setting that fosters growth. Classes are taught by experienced Montessori-certified teachers.
Why choose a Montessori Preschool?
- Montessori classrooms are designed to enhance and develop a child’s natural curiosity, creativity, and intelligence.
- Montessori teachers closely observe students in order to determine their interests, strengths, and weaknesses and then create small group learning based on this unique understanding.
- Trained Montessori teachers guide children through rigorous and innovative academic programs using logic and discovery that moves from concrete to abstract.
- Montessori classrooms are places where children constantly share their thoughts, inspiring younger students, and learning from older students, which develops independence, self-confidence and a love of learning.
- The Montessori environment is one in which children learn by doing in a place where movement and spontaneous investigation are encouraged.
The program is tuition-based and is open to children across the Valley. Schedule a tour of one of our Montessori classrooms.