Category : Awards
Pinnacle Graphic Design Students Win First Place at Arizona FBLA Region 3 Conference
Thursday , January 23 , 2020
On Jan. 18th, 18 Pinnacle High School's Graphic/Web Design and Animation students competed in the Arizona Future Business Leaders of America Region 3 Conference at ASU-West in the following events: E-Business Website, Graphic Design, Public Service Announcement, Publication Design, and Website Design.
Theresa Smith explained, “As an educator, these wins are indicators that I am providing quality instruction, which is well-aligned with industry standards. For the students, these wins are evidence that the work they are creating is technically excellent and worthy of praise from industry professionals.”
First Place Winners:
- Graphic Design – Allison MacDonell, Emma Blackstone, and Kassidy Snow
- Publication Design – Jack Hanna, Paige McLaughlin, and Kevin Martinez
- Public Service Announcement (2-D Animation) – Jackson Raines, Mckenna Watson, and Alexandra Rosner
- Website Design – Meghan Patnode, Jonathan Thomas, and Caitlin Squires
- E-Business Website – Cameron Munk, Jadyn Ngo, and Michael Brayer
Second Place Winners:
- Graphic Design – Colin Roch, Thompson Dallaire, and Joshua King
Approximately 500 students from 28 Arizona high schools competed in more than 40 business-related events. This is the third year that Pinnacle High School has competed in the competition.
“Pinnacle has only been competing in FBLA for less than three years. In that time, we have wracked-up a number of regional, state, and national awards that have taken established FBLA chapters from other high schools years to decades to procure. I am continually impressed with the level of motivation and dedication that drives these students high level of work ethic,” said Smith.
The students will have the opportunity to participate in the FBLA State Leadership Competition on April 6th-8th in Tucson. They will prepare for the state conference by fine-tuning their projects, obtaining feedback from industry professionals, and practicing their oral presentations.