COVID-19 Update: Distance learning recommenced for PVSchools students on Monday, November 23.
Category : Open Enrollment
How to Enroll in PVSchools
Wednesday , September 25 , 2019
PVSchools is now accepting enrollment applications for the 2020-21 school year. Whether you live in-district boundaries or out-of-district boundaries, you may enroll your child in one of the schools within the PVSchools boundaries. To make the process easier to understand for all families – those that currently reside in Arizona, as well as new families that might be relocating to Arizona, we’ve outlined the steps for our enrollment process.
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is where a parent chooses the school or school district that their child attends. Since Arizona is an Open Enrollment state for education, the law allows parents to apply for admission to any public school, as long as there is classroom space available. Each school district develops its own open enrollment policies, which are then approved by the district's Governing Board.
Open Enrollment Deadlines
The Early Bird Round of Open Enrollment is for students who reside within district boundaries and runs from Sept. 3rd- Dec. 2nd. The Final Round, which is for out-of-district families only, begins Dec. 3rd and concludes on Jan. 21st. It’s important to note that everyone that applies from out-of-district during the timeframes noted above will have equal opportunity for acceptance. View the district boundaries.
How to Enroll
- Download the New Student Registration Packet and Open Enrollment/Transfer Application.
- If you just moved into the PVSchools boundaries and your child will be attending his or her home school, simply fill out the New Student Registration Packet in its entirety. The packet includes the following forms:
- Pupil Registration Form
- Arizona Residency Documentation Form
- Arizona Affidavit of Shared Residence
- Primary Home Language Other Than English (PHLOTE) Home Language Survey
- Student Health History
- Referral for Assessment Form
- PVSchools Screening Form
- Emergency Card
- Outside Media Release & Consent Agreement
- McKinney-Vento Eligibility Questionnaire
- Official State Issued Birth Certificate
Upon registering your child, you will need to bring the following information to the school.
- New Student Registration Packet
- A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Withdrawal Form
- Legal Guardianship or Custody Papers
- Individualized Learning Plans, Evaluations, and Other Related Documents
3. If you live out-of-district boundaries or live in-district and would like your child to attend a school that is not your designated home school, fill out the Open Enrollment/Transfer Application.
Submitting an Application
Once the Open Enrollment/Transfer Application is complete, you may submit it by doing one of the following:
- Drop the application off at your school of choice and it will be forwarded to the PVSchools District Administrative Offices.
- Mail it to the PVSchools District Administrative Offices - Attention: OE 15002 N. 32nd St., Phoenix 85032.
- Email the application form to Tera Sorenson for elementary school applications or Stephanie Machas for middle and high school applications.
Notification of Acceptance
If you submitted an Open Enrollment application by the Dec. 2nd Early Bird deadline, you will be notified prior to Winter Break. If you submitted an application by the Jan. 21st deadline, you will be notified in February. Please note that we will do our best to notify you in a timely manner. Depending on the number of applications we receive, the notification period may be slightly shorter or longer.
Completing the Enrollment Process
Once you are approved through the Open Enrollment process, you will also need to complete the New Student Registration Packet and take the completed paperwork and documents to your new school to finish the enrollment process. Parents of open enrolled students are responsible for their child’s transportation to and from school. Learn more about the enrollment process.
With a challenging and robust curriculum, an array of premier programs, gifted programs, special education, electives, athletics and more, PVSchools offers quality education choices for every journey from preschool through 12th grade.