Category : Academics
33 Students Compete in District Spelling Bee
Wednesday , January 08 , 2020
Thirty-three elementary and middle school students will compete for the title of PVSchools Spelling Bee Champion on Friday, Jan. 17th, with registration starting at 8 a.m. and the Spelling Bee starting at 9 a.m., in the Governing Board Room at the District Administrative Center (get directions).
Agenda for the PVSchools Spelling Bee:
- Assistant Superintendent Dr. Dan Courson
- Welcome & Congratulate Spellers
- Superintendent Dr. Welsh
- Mark Joraanstad, Ed.D., executive director of the Arizona School Administrators
- Andrea Morici, director of the Professional Development Department
- Lynn Hoppes, curriculum specialist - Social Studies/Language Immersion/World Languages
- Koni Withers, lead counselor
- Julie Berlin (written), Professional Development specialist
- Sharon Sutton (verbal), IT Curriculum/Assessment liaison.
- Jamie Caldwell, curriculum specialist - English Language Arts
The winner, runner-up, and seven delegates will represent PVSchools at the Maricopa County Regional II Spelling Bee on Friday, Feb. 21st at Deer Valley Unified School District.