Family Resource Center
The Paradise Valley Family Resource Center (PVFRC) works to prepare children ages birth to 5 for a lifetime of success. Opportunities are created for adults to make friends, learn parenting skills, and learn with their children, through play, in a safe and welcoming environment.
Parents and guardians are a child’s "first and best teacher." Partnering with families and caregivers in the early years creates "little learners" who are prepared for a journey of excellence.
Parents/Caregivers with Children
- Read with Me (Story & Craft)
- Raising a Reader
- Leap into Science
- Playdough & Books
- Lending Learning Backpacks
- Play and Connect
- Tools for School
- Creative Me Workshop
- ZooToYou (Phoenix Zoo)
- Self Care
- Car Seat Safety (English & Spanish)
- Kith and Kin (English & Spanish)
- Triple P Parenting
- Active Parenting
- Book Club (English & Spanish)
- Coffee Break
- Cafecitos (Spanish)
Support for the PVSchools Family Resource Center is provided by a grant from First Things First, which partners with families and communities to give all Arizona children the opportunity to arrive at kindergarten healthy and ready to succeed. Learn more at FirstThingsFirst.org.
Why It's Important
- 80% of a child’s brain is developed by age 3.
- 90% of a child’s brain develops before they start kindergarten at age 5.
- Kids with positive, stable relationships with parents, guardians, and caregivers, as well as quality childcare, go on to do better in school. These children are more likely to read at grade level and graduate from high school.
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: Hours vary
Note: Summer (closed on Fridays)
and holiday hours vary.