My name is Carolyn Wilder (Nurse Wilder) and I am pleased to be the registered nurse at Sandpiper Elementary School. I am the mother of five children (Samantha, Daniel, Collin, Emily, and Ian), the wife of Todd Wilder, and proud lover of my three Boston Terriers, Siobhan (Sha-vaun), Minnie, and LuLu and our Jack Russell Terrier, Hannah. We also have a Desert Tortoise named Beemer.
I am an avid Disney fan. I think I own every movie ever made by Disney and my favorite place to go is Disneyland. I also adore Snoopy which you can see right away when you enter the Health Office. When I am not at work I sing in my church choir, I give workshops and conferences for nursing associations, I run a non-profit organization which helps new graduate nurses, and I volunteer at various charity organizations. I am a gourmet cook, love to spend time with my family, swim, and be creative.
I worked in Human Resources, Training and Development prior to attending college for what I have wanted to be since I was three years old, a NURSE. I attended Grand Canyon University and graduated Magna Cum Laude and was inducted into the International Honor Society for nurses entitled Sigma Theta Tau. As a graduate nurse I was accepted into the prestigious Mayo Clinic Hospital Nurse Residency Program and I remained with Mayo for nearly three years before accepting the role as Registered Nurse at Sandpiper. I have also worked in the Emergency Department at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
I have several goals for the Health Office and myself which include:
- To provide exceptional, compassionate, and quality care to the students and staff.
- To provide an atmosphere in the Health Office which is safe, calm, and similar to home
- To increase students, staff, and parents desire to be an active participant in their own health and in doing so instill life-long principals which will guide them through healthy lifestyle choices and decisions.
- To provide enriching educational programs based on Paradise Valley Unified School District standards and the individualized needs of our students.
- To ensure compliance with state and local mandates regarding immunizations, infectious disease and health services.
- To foster leadership, self-esteem, and kindness in my sphere of influence.
- To be an active participant in my school, community, and the lives of the people I have been entrusted to provide care for.
I am proud to have found a “new home” in the supporting and engaging community of Sandpiper. Please feel free to stop by, schedule an appointment or telephone me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Carolyn Wilder, RN BSN
6724 E. Hearn Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254