Students attending Roadrunner School are entitled to be picked up and dropped off in front of their home by the PVUSD transportation department.
Some parents choose to drive their child themselves. This is certainly permissible, but we would appreciate written notification that this will occur.
High school students are not allowed to drive to school unless they have an IEP meeting with staff and parents and have earned the merit status.
There are specific expectations for student behavior while riding Paradise Valley buses. Students are expected to comply with all bus safety rules.
They are as follows:
- Obey the bus driver’s instructions and directions.
- Bus aisles/emergency exits shall remain clear of all objects.
- Stay properly seated with your back against the seat back, your legs facing forward, all parts of your body out of the aisle and seat belt buckled.
- Keep head, hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Talk quietly, use respectful language—no profanity.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- Animals, insects, skateboards glass containers, weapons/dangerous instruments, tobacco, alcohol or drugs are not permitted.
- No student has the right to interfere with the safety, well being or learning of others
If a student violates these rules, they will receive consequences for their actions. Bus Conduct referrals are processed with the Administrative Interventionist.
If a student does not take the bus home from school because their behavior precluded riding the bus, the parents will be responsible for transportation home.
Requests to have students ride to an another student’s home on the same bus or to ride a different bus must be made in writing by both sets of parents. We cannot guarantee that the request will be accommodated, so parents should contact Roadrunner to confirm the request. Students will not be allowed to exit the bus other than at their regular stop without parent permission under any circumstances.
To reach transportation call 602-449-2251 or visit their site