About Our School
In 1995 the school first opened as Whispering Wind Elementary, Then in 2008 Whispering Wind established itself as a S.T.E.M. G2 school and received a charter to do business as Whispering Wind Academy (WWA.)
The school currently serves over 550 students in grades K - 6 and includes three vibrant Special Needs classrooms.
Our school hours are 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Early dismissal hours are 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
WWA Educational Goals
- To provide a safe and orderly learning environment
- To establish a climate of high expectations for success
- To maintain instructional leadership with a clear and focused mission
- To provide opportunities for learning with active, direct instruction, while conducting frequent monitoring of student performance
- To establish active home-school partnerships
WWA Educational Ethos
At Whispering Wind, we embrace an educational ethos we call our Performance Triangle that establishes equally rigorous programs in Academics, Personal Character and Work Ethics. The Performance Triangle embrace the needs and support the talents of students, parents and educators.
- Reading, Writing and Mathematics are the foundation for the academic program in grades K-3. Teachers
- Science, Social Studies and Global Geography disciplines integrate and support the st and all students experience global culture and language through Chinese-Mandarin curriculum
- Fine Arts and Physical Education classes teach academic standards through hands-on activities that integrate the core knowledge and skills learned in the classroom into the enrichment curriculum.
- We embrace and deliver rigorous programs that establish and optimize Personal Character.
- Character Counts - Six Pillars of Character
- Acceptable Behavior Matrix
- We embrace and deliver a rigorous program that models a Work Ethic maximizing acquisition of learning at appropriate levels.