Sunrise Middle School is a high-achieving school with a proven track record of academic success.Our school is known for supporting students academically, socially and emotionally with a staff that is dedicated and focused on student achievement.
We have Honors level classes available for all academic subjects.The Digital Learning Center for the Gifted program is available to 7th and 8th grade students who meet specified acceptance criteriaSunrise Middle School
4960 East Acoma Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Greg Martin, Principal
Stacey Orest, Assistant Principal
School Contact Information
Office hours 7:15 am - 3:15 pm
8:00 am - 2:40 pm
Early dismissal 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
About Our School
School mascot: AztecsSchool colors: red, black, yellowThe average class size for 7th grade is 31 and the average for 8th grade is 32. Instruction is individualized for students through math leveling, honors and gifted clustering, special education self-contained and resource programs, and differentiated instruction in all classes.
- Features ubiquitous information technology and media literacy
- Implements instructional practices which promote authentic learning
- Integrates core academics & standards through thematic relationships
- Uses inquiry and project-based learning for exploring themes
- Features extensive collaboration for student-produced outcomes
- Incorporates content platforms for integrated thematic courses
Students have the opportunity to participate in the Festival Sports program. Sports offered are: boys/girls basketball, girls volleyball, girls softball, boys flag football, girls/boys track and field, and boys wrestling.100% of our teachers are Highly Qualified and Appropriately Certified.Follow us on Twitter...
Values, Vision, and Mission Statement
- Individual Excellence
- Rigorous Curriculum
- Integrated Technology
- Differentiated Instruction
- Professional Collaboration
- Community Partnerships
The mission of Sunrise Middle School is to motivate students to achieve success and embrace responsibility within a dynamic learning environment.