The bond election will be on the Nov. 7, 2023 ballot. Early voting ballots for the measure will be ready for mailing on Oct. 11, 2023.
Arizona Revised Statute 15-491 allows the governing board of a school district to call an election for voters to decide whether the bonds of the school district shall be issued and sold for the purpose of raising monies for purchasing or leasing school lots, for building or renovating school buildings, for supplying school buildings with furniture, equipment and technology, for improving school grounds, for purchasing pupil transportation vehicles or for liquidating any indebtedness already incurred for such purposes.
For information on registering to vote, how to request an early mail-in ballot, and where to find in-person Vote Centers visit elections.maricopa.gov.
|Sept.12.2023||6 - 6:30 p.m.||North Canyon High - 1700 E. Union Hills Dr. Phoenix||Media Center|
|Sept.18.2023||6 - 6:30 p.m.||Paradise Valley High - 3950 E. Bell Rd. Phoenix||Media Center|
|Sept.20.2023||6 - 6:30 p.m.||Shadow Mountain High - 2902 E. Shea Blvd. Phoenix||Media Center|
|Sept.27.2023||6 - 6:30 p.m.||Horizon High - 5601 E. Greenway Rd. Scottsdale||Media Center|
|Sept.28.2023||6 - 6:30 p.m.||Pinnacle High - 3535 E. Mayo Blvd.Phoenix||Lecture Hall C|
Bond Dollars at Work
Resources are acquired and prioritized to equitably advance the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals. Some of these projects are only possible with the support of voters through bonds and overrides.
Bond Election Committee
The Bond Election Committee provides recommendations to district leadership about a possible need for a bond election. Elections are held at the discretion of the Paradise Valley Unified School District Governing Board.
- What should I know about the upcoming election?
- What are bonds?
- Why is the election being held?
- How will the $340 Million of Bonds be spent?
- What happens if the bond is not approved?
- How do bonds impact the property tax?
- How will the school district ensure transparency and accountability?
- With declining enrollment, what do you do with the bond funds slated to build a new school and purchase land if a new school isn’t needed?
- Is there an immediate need for these bond funds within the district, or can the implementation of projects be postponed?
- What has been the utilization of the previous bond that was approved by voters in November 2019?
- Why is the district asking for $340,000,000?
*Last Updated August 21, 2023