Important first-day information including teacher name, classroom number, and parking/drop-off location (with map) will be sent via email the week prior to the start of the session.
Session I: June 3 to June 21, 2019
Session II: June 24 to July 16, 2019 (no school July 4-5)
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Summer School Location
Horizon High School
5601 E. Greenway Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(602) 449-2444 (Site phone number active during summer sessions only)
- $199 per course, per session
- On-site registration: additional $25 fee*
- Physical Education courses: additional $35 fee
- Bus passes: $45 per session
*On-site registration at Horizon HS will be accepted from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. only on the first day of each session.
Blended learning is an educational model that combines online learning with traditional face-to-face instruction. It requires the physical presence of both teacher and student, with some element of student control over time, place, path, and pace.
Blended learning is about leveraging technology to provide students and teachers with immediate feedback, holding each student accountable for their academic success through coursework designed to meet their needs.
Laptops are available for student checkout as needed. For additional information regarding the appropriate use of technology and for the 2019 Summer High School Equipment Checkout Form, visit our High School Summer School Technology page.
Additional Course Information
- Summer High School is for students entering grades 9 through 12. Students entering 9th-grade may ONLY register for PE courses
- Students MUST confirm with their high school counselor that their class(es) will be accepted for credit
- Only one course can be taken per session
- All courses will be taught using an online curriculum component (Blended Learning)
- Students attending from outside of the PV School District will be required to provide a copy of their birth certificate and complete an emergency card. Students will be contacted via email with instructions to complete the registration process in our district. Additional documentation MUST be received prior to the start of the session
- Refunds will NOT be issued after the session has started. Refunds requested prior to the beginning of the session will be assessed a $25 processing fee
Students are required to attend daily for this intense, fast-paced summer program designed to cover an entire semester of content in a three-week period. Daily attendance is mandatory until the completion of the course and/or the end of the session.
Bus stops will be located at each of the PVSchools high schools. A bus pass can be purchased for $45 per session.