As PVSchools works to improve the website experience, some menu and content changes may occur. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
CE High School Summer School
Registration for High School Summer School is now CLOSED.
Session I: June 1 – June 18, 2021
Session II: June 21 – July 9, 2021 (no school July 5)
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Paradise Valley High School
3950 E. Bell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85032
- Registration for Session I closes at NOON on May 26.
- Registration for Session II closes at NOON on June 16.
- There will be NO first-day registration for any courses.
- All High School Summer School courses will be offered at no charge for current in-district high school students who have been enrolled in the district during the 2021-21 school year.
- Students who do not attend a school in the PV district will be billed $220 per course and $50 per bus pass.
- Students will be dropped from courses that have not been paid in full before the start of each session.
- Refunds requested prior to the beginning of the session will be assessed a $25 processing fee.
- Refunds will NOT be issued after the session has started.
Summer 2021 Course List
Additional Course Information
- Priority will be given to students who currently attend an in-district high school.
- High School Summer School is for students currently in grades 9 through 12.
- Current 8th-grade students (entering 9th-grade in the fall) may ONLY register for PE courses.
- Students MUST consult with their high school counselor before enrolling in any course.
- Only one course can be taken per session.
- Courses are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment.
- Students approved to attend from outside of the PV district will be required to provide a copy of their birth certificate and complete an emergency card. Additional documentation MUST be received prior to the start of the session
High School Course Catalog
Need more information? Review the PVSchools High School Course Catalog for complete class descriptions. You can also search for courses by school, keyword or credit type.
Students are required to attend daily for this intense, fast-paced summer program designed to cover an entire semester of content in a three-week period. Daily attendance is mandatory and participation is expected for the entirety of the scheduled day and for the duration of each session. If attendance requirements are not met, students will be dropped from the course.
Blended learning is an educational model that combines online learning with traditional face-to-face instruction. It requires the physical presence of both teacher and student, with some element of student control over time, place, path, and pace.
Blended learning is about leveraging technology to provide students and teachers with immediate feedback, holding each student accountable for their academic success through coursework designed to meet their needs.
In order to maintain a safe learning environment, all health and safety measures will be followed (e.g. wearing cloth face masks, washing hands frequently, and social distancing where possible). As a reminder, all students, staff, and visitors are required to wear a cloth face mask while on any district property, in any district facility, and at any district event. Face masks will also be required while on a district bus.
First Day Information
Session I classes begin Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. at Paradise Valley High School.
Beginning at 10:00 a.m. on the first day of class, all students who have not been in attendance will be dropped from the roster
and a student from the waitlist will be placed in that spot.
As a courtesy, please contact our office immediately at 602-449-2200 if you are no longer able to attend
as we have many students waiting to get into classes that are currently full.
- Students will need to bring their fully charged SCHOOL-ISSUED Chromebook or other assigned device with them each day. Students from outside of the PV district will be issued a device on the first day of class.
- Student parking, drop-off/pick-up, and the summer school entrance are located on the WEST side of the PVHS campus. Enter at the traffic light on Bell Road, west of 40th Street across from the hospital. The street sign at the light reads "Paradise Valley High School."
- Classroom numbers and teacher names will be sent via email one to two days before classes begin.
- PE students will report to the gym and all other students will report to the assigned classroom. Staff will be on site to assist students with the location of their classroom on the first day.
- Face masks are required at all times while on district property, including district buses.
- Students will have a 15-minute break during which a grab-and-go lunch will be provided at no cost. Snacks and drinks are also available for purchase from the vending machines or students may bring a snack and refillable water bottle with them each day. A grab-and-go breakfast option will be available before 8:00 a.m.
**Please note: Breakfast and lunch will NOT be provided on Fridays.**
Transportation Information: Bus Pick-Up/Drop-Off Times and Locations
Bus stops are located at each of the PVSchools High Schools with the specific location, estimated pick-up, and estimated drop-off times noted below.
|School Name||Location||Bus #||Pick-up Time||Drop-off Time|
|Horizon High School||senior parking lot off of Greenway Rd. next to the football field||B103||7:28 a.m.||12:46 p.m.|
|North Canyon High School||front of the school by the flagpole||B102||7:07 a.m.||12:32 p.m.|
|Pinnacle High School||special needs bus lane in front of Building C on Mayo Blvd.||B102||7:23 a.m.||12:48 p.m.|
|Shadow Mountain High School||special needs bus lane on Shea Blvd. in front of the marquee||B103||7:15 a.m.||12:33 p.m.|
Important Transportation Details:
- Bus passes can be requested through our Eleyo registration site.
- Students should plan to be at the designated location at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- Masks are required on all buses.
- Students will be issued a bus pass at school on the first day and should carry the pass with them to display as requested by the driver.
- The driver will have the names of all scheduled student riders.
- All pick-up and drop-off times are estimated and can be impacted by traffic and other factors.