As PVSchools works to improve the website experience, some menu and content changes may occur. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
CE High School Summer School
Registration for High School Summer School is now CLOSED.
Paradise Valley High School
3950 East Bell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Session I: June 1 – June 18, 2021
Session II: June 21 – July 9, 2021 (no school July 5)
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- All High School Summer School courses will be offered at no charge for current in-district high school students who have been enrolled in the district during the 2021-21 school year.
- Students who do not attend a school in the PV district will be billed $220 per course and $50 per bus pass.
- Students will be dropped from courses that have not been paid in full before the start of each session.
- Refunds requested prior to the beginning of the session will be assessed a $25 processing fee.
- Refunds will NOT be issued after the session has started.
Additional Course Information
- Priority will be given to students who currently attend an in-district high school.
- High School Summer School is for students currently in grades 9 through 12.
- Current 8th-grade students (entering 9th-grade in the fall) may ONLY register for PE courses.
- Students MUST consult with their high school counselor before enrolling in any course.
- Only one course can be taken per session.
- Courses are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment.
- Students approved to attend from outside of the PV district will be required to provide a copy of their birth certificate and complete an emergency card. Additional documentation MUST be received prior to the start of the session
Blended learning is an educational model that combines online learning with traditional face-to-face instruction. It requires the physical presence of both teacher and student, with some element of student control over time, place, path, and pace.
Blended learning is about leveraging technology to provide students and teachers with immediate feedback, holding each student accountable for their academic success through coursework designed to meet their needs.
Students are required to attend daily for this intense, fast-paced summer program designed to cover an entire semester of content in a three-week period. Daily attendance is mandatory and participation is expected for the entirety of the scheduled day and for the duration of each session. If attendance requirements are not met, students will be dropped from the course.
In order to maintain a safe learning environment, all health and safety measures will be followed (e.g. wearing cloth face masks, washing hands frequently, and social distancing where possible). As a reminder, all students, staff, and visitors are required to wear a cloth face mask while on any district property, in any district facility, and at any district event. Face masks will also be required while on a district bus.