Welcome to Paradise Valley Family Resource Center
The Paradise Valley Family Resource Center (PVFRC) serves all families with children birth to age five.
We prepare children ages birth to five, for success in school and life by providing the resources and referrals that connect and strengthen families.
Parents are a child’s “first teacher.” Partnering with parents and caregivers in the early years creates “little learners” that are ready to learn and succeed in school and in life. We also believe that play is the way that little learners grow and develop.
A Sample of the Many programs and Resources Offered at the PVFRC:
- Every Child a Reader (early literacy)
- Phoenix Zoo Programs
- Science Center on Wheels
- Mommy and Me Yoga
- Parent/Tot Dance
- Kith and Kin
- Craft and Story Time
- Car Seat Safety
- Parenting Classes
- Health Information
- Hearing and Vision Screening
- First Teeth First
- Referrals to community programs
- AND MORE….
Why Is Birth to Five Years So Important?
- 80% of a child’s brain is developed by age three.
- 90% of a child’s brain develops before they start kindergarten at age five.
- Kids with positive, stable relationships with parents and caregivers, as well as quality childcare, go on to do better in school and in life. They are more likely to read at grade level and graduate from high school. They are more prepared for college and careers and live a happier, healthier life.
A child's brain is 80% developed by age 3. By age 5, it is 90% developed.
First Things First
Support for Paradise Valley Family Resource Center is provided by a grant from First Things First, which partners with families and communities to give all Arizona children the opportunity to arrive at kindergarten healthy and ready to succeed. Learn more at FirstThingsFirst.org.