Registration Process and Timeline
Registration for Early Childhood Programs for school year 2019-20 begins Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
You may register online or in person at the Community Education office.
To assist in the registration process, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. Please click on a question to see our answer.
- How do I register?
You can initiate registration either online or in person. Some programs fill up right away. Once you register in reserved placement, you will receive a confirmation email that will provide you with a list of Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) required paperwork. You MUST submit completed paperwork by the deadline date to finalize your registration.
- How do I know if I am registered?
Your registration will be complete after paying the $90.00 non-refundable registration fee. You will receive a confirmation email with your student’s information and class information. You will also be able to see your student’s current registration when you log in to your online account.
- What do I do if I have problems logging in?
There are several options:
- Call (602) 449-2200 or visit the office and we can help you reset your password/access your account.
- Click the reset password option when trying to log in to receive an email to reset your password. On this option, REMEMBER:
- Make sure you use the email address used at time you created your account.
- Make sure you are checking the spam filter for the email - some services filter out the automated emails from “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Can I register for multiple programs?
You can not be registered in two different preschools (school sites or Lil’ Pioneers vs Little Scholars) concurrently. You are able to register for Mascot childcare and preschool at the same time. If you move or need to switch programs you are able to do so, space permitting. There is a $25.00 change of option fee for Mascot Club during the school year.
- Do you accept Financial Assistance?
Yes. We accept Department of Economic Security (DES) tuition assistance. You are still responsible for the portion of your bill that is not covered with assistance. Please make sure that you are authorized for your student’s school.
- What are the fees for each program?
- How do I pay? When are fees due?
You can pay online through the registration portal, over the phone, or in person. Fees are due the first of each month.
- If my child attends school here, am I guaranteed a spot? Am I guaranteed a spot at my home school?
No, we take all registrations on a first come first served basis. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a spot in any program for any reason including: living inside school boundaries, having an older sibling already at the school, or already attending the school in the case of Mascot.
- What number am I on the waitlist?
We are not able to give you your child’s number on the waitlist. There are many variables beyond our control that affect your student’s spot on the waitlist and how these names are rolled off the waitlist.
- My child’s birthday is after the deadline. Can I still register my child?
Unfortunately, if your child is not the appropriate age for a program before September 1, 2019, they are ineligible for that program. The Little Scholars program requires students be 4 years of age before September 1, 2019, to attend the 2019-20 school year. The Montessori program includes both 3 and 4 year olds, as long as they meet the age requirement before September 1, 2019. If your student does not meet those age requirements, we have two Child Development Centers that are available to children from eight weeks of age to 3 years of age.
- How do I register for Gifted?
Gifted preschool requires qualifying test scores and acceptance in to the program. Please see the Gifted preschool flyer for more information. Or call (602) 449-2112 or visit our Gifted Programs page.
Childcare (Mascot) Programs FAQs
Below are the top questions related to Mascot Club, our before and after school Childcare Program. Please click on a question to see our answer.
- How old does my child have to be to be in Mascot?
If your child is in Montessori, Mini Scholars, or Little Scholars they are eligible for Mascot Club before and after school. If your student is currently enrolled in a Community Education preschool program, they are eligible to attend Mascot Club and Recess Day Camp.
- If my child is in Mascot, can they still register for Enrichment classes?
Yes! Please inform your classroom teacher, Enrichment teacher and Mascot manager. The Enrichment class teacher will walk your student to Mascot after each class.
- Where are your Mascot Programs?
Please download our Childcare Parent Handbook to find a map of our Mascot Club locations.