Should My Child Be Tested?
Parents: Please use the Elementary Parent Information Checklist to help you determine whether to have your child tested for gifted education services.
This form is for your information only, and should not be turned into the school. Its purpose is to provide you with information regarding whether gifted testing is appropriate for your child.
Parent Information Forms
Below you will find the Parent Information packet, which includes this form as well as the informational document, "Differences in Characteristics". After viewing the information packet you decide that you would like your child tested, please contact your school's gifted specialist for your school's specific permission form.
Note to Parents Regarding Private Testing
If you are seeking private gifted testing for your child, please call our office at (602) 449-2113 for verification of providers, information on state-approved tests and to help ensure the validity of your child’s testing.
Thank you so much for your cooperation.
- How do I know if I should have my child tested?
- What is the process for having my child tested?
- Will PVSchools test my child if I live outside of the Paradise Valley School District?
- What scores are needed to qualify for services?
- If my child does not qualify for gifted services can he/she retest at another time?
- For what reasons would I consider outside testing?
- Why doesn’t the district blanket test for gifted identification?
- Who provides the testing? When will I receive test results?
- My child is currently in preschool. Can I have her tested now?
- May I request that my child be given a specific ability test?