As PVSchools works to improve the website experience, some menu and content changes may occur. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Night School at Sweetwater Community School
Why Night Classes?
For some students, taking high school classes in a traditional classroom setting may not be an option due to athletic schedules, work schedules or family commitments.
At PVSchools, we realize that learning isn’t a one-size-fits-all model, so we have developed a Night Class Program at Sweetwater Community School for students who may need credit recovery, want to get ahead, or may simply not be able to attend school during the day.
- Flexible schedules
- Smaller class sizes
- Individualized attention
- Variety of courses offered during the two evening sessions
- New course offerings added each quarter, making it convenient for students to enter the program at anytime
- Free for in-district students (view the PVSchools Boundary Map)
- $199 for out-of-district students
- Students meet Mondays through Thursdays to receive in-class instruction.
- Office Hours: Students may receive additional support on Monday - Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. This is makeup time that either the teacher or student can request.
- Session One goes from 5:00 p.m. to 6:17 p.m.
- Session Two lasts from 6:23 p.m. to 7:40 p.m.
Why Choose PVSchools?
- Our teachers are 100 percent certified and highly qualified, and we have one of the highest concentration of National Board Certified Teachers – an elite group of only 3 percent of all United States teachers who have passed a rigorous board-certified process – in the Greater Phoenix area.
- PVSchools' graduation rate is higher than the state and national averages. PVSchools graduation rate is 85 percent, while the state’s graduation rate is 75 percent, and the national graduation rate is 81.4 percent.
- According to a recent Parent Satisfaction Survey, more than 90 percent of parents either agree or strongly agree that classroom learning activities at PVSchools are relevant and engaging.