Participation Requirements for PVSchools Athletics
To participate in athletics in PVSchools, the following tasks are required and must be completed prior to tryouts.
- All participants need to print and complete the Athletic Physical Packet and Release of Liability for the current school year (see the links under "Athletics Documents" on this page).
- All participants must pay a participation fee of $200 prior to the first permissible practice. Cut sports will be given a one week grace period during the week of tryouts but must make the payment by the following Monday. You can pay the fee online (on your school's webstore) or in the bookstore from 7:15 am-2:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- The physical in the Athletic Packet must be done after March 1st of the current year to be used for the next school year and must be signed by an MD, DO, NP or PA-C. Please make sure the paperwork is for the current year.
- All participants will need to complete the Concussion/Brain Course required by AIA. You will need to register as a student of your school before beginning the course. After completion, you must print out the completion certificate and turn it in to the Athletic Director's office
- All participants and their parents must view the online Informed Consent Video prior to participation (see below). Guión del video en español.
- All participants and their parents must view the Hazing Awareness video prior to participation (see below). Guión del video en español.
- All participants must have passed all classes from the previous quarter, or made up the same number of failed classes in summer school (summer school classes do not have to be the same as those failed).
- If you need to purchase insurance for your student, K&K Insurance is a possible option. You can apply online or pick up a packet from the Athletic Director's office.
- If your student is transferring from another school, school district or state you must complete the AIA 550 Transfer Form. When transferring from a different state, quite often the school was not a member of the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA), therefore, you must complete this form. If your school is not in the school drop down menu, you will need to choose the option, "Other School - Not an AIA Member" and manually enter the information requested.