Online learning recommenced across the district on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021. Visit PV Assist for online resources.
The Language Acquisition Department provides a variety of services directly to parents and students. This includes:
- All aspects of language development in our elementary, middle schools and high schools
- Compliance issues for English Language Learners
- Testing of students for English Language Proficiency
- Translation services for key documents and critical communications
- Interpreter services as identified and requested by the schools
- State and federal grants for special populations
If you need language acquisition services, talk with the principal, a teacher or a counselor at your child's school.
- Learn About Our Native American Services
Available Services Offered
Services are limited and based on need and eligibility. Eligible students are those who have a completed and signed 506 form on file with the district and who are a member of a federally recognized tribe or band, state recognized tribe or band, or a tribe, band, or other organized group of native Americans including those terminated since 1940, or are a child or grandchild of any such member previously mentioned, or Inuit, Aleut, or Alaskan native.
- Academic intervention for students who meet the set criteria for the school year
- Cultural materials and presentations for Native American students and their families
- Youth conferences for middle school and high school students
- Hoop of Learning for high school students
Please visit the Native American Education Program website for further information.
If you have any questions about services, please contact James Fabian by email or at 602-449-2123.