What Is a CTSO (Career and Technical Student Organization)?
- Any student enrolled in a CTE program is eligible for membership in the Career and Technical Student Association (CTSO) associated with that program.
- CTSOs develop leadership, teamwork, technical and citizenship skills, which are essential for the workplace and further education.
- CTSOs provide opportunities for developing social competencies.
- CTSOs provide a unique instructional method for attaining the technical skills and objectives identified in each program. Their activities are considered a part of the instructional day, and, as such, are co-curricular, not extra-curricular.
- A career and technical student organization is an integral part of each program.
The CTE Students in PVSchools Participate in the Following CTSOs
Click on any of the following to learn more and to go to that organization's website:
The CTE Advisory was established in the spring of 2014 with the goal of creating a sustainable partnership with business and community leaders.
The focus of the CTE Advisory is to provide career awareness opportunities to students in order to prepare them to enter the workplace.
High school is an integral part of workforce development. Students who are made aware of career pathways and employability skills are better prepared for college and the workplace.
Students and business/community members benefit from the school-to-work connection. Students have the opportunity to explore career pathways. The CTE Advisory provides the opportunity for students to hear directly from the business community regarding vital employability skills needed to enter the workplace.
- Career Forums provide a panel of industry professionals to share their personal career journey and specific information about a career pathway.
- Guest Speakers provide up-to-date information directly from industry.
- Mock Interviews provide students an opportunity to prepare for interviews.
- Faculty Discussions provide the opportunity for faculty to hear directly from business/industry/community members.
- Community Service projects provide opportunities for CTSO students.
Questions? Please Contact:
Director of CTE
Email Ms. MacGowan
CTE Literacy Coach
Email Ms. Griffeth
|Business Advisory Partnerships|