COVID-19 Update: Distance learning recommenced for PVSchools students on Monday, November 23.
Nurses are an essential part of the safety and well-being of students on campus. Every school in the district has an on-site nurse to:
- Provide first aid.
- Maintain health records.
- Assist in special education programs.
- Screen for diseases of the eyes, ears and teeth.
The role of the school nurse is to collaborate with educators to:
- Assess and evaluate the health and development of students.
- Be the health care liaison to the student.
- Counsel and educate.
- Find resources to assist in students' health care.
Immunizations for School-Age Children
Immunization requirements are governed by the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS). Parents and guardians are invited to visit the ADHS Immunization webpage to learn about vaccines. Please see your school nurse for further information and to learn about required forms.